So I finally got a Telecaster...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GuitarDoc View Post

Might just be able to loosen the neck screws and move/angle the neck toward the top of the body a bit to bring the high E string further in.
    Yeah I think I will try that the next time I change the strings. I'm kinda getting used to how it plays now.

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman View Post
      I owned one Tele for a while...Samick / Valley Arts Ray Benson model. Tele, Hot Rails, Humbucker, and all sorts of switching...never really bonded but a cool guitar.

Someday I'll have another Tele. Something basic. Maybe a tapped 59 in the bridge...

Get a basic one and toss a Jerry Donahue/APS strat pickup or SM-1 in the neck. You'll love it.
      Ain't nothin' but a G thang, baby.

Comment

Indeed a Tele is all you need. It's the Swiss Army knife of guitar. I play chugging riffs with my Schecter PT.

Comment

Chicken pick like Vince:

Comment

Or shred like Mike:

Comment

Or shred chicken-pickin' like Steve:

Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

I played primarily Strats from 2000-2020. Now I have three Teles - Squier Thinline w/ WRHB, Broadcaster Partscaster, Player Series. The Player needs to get sold, but it's been a cool transition.

Teles give just a *little bit more* than the Strats did. More bite, more balls, more chunk, more sweetness, more articulation. Notes ring more true. High gain absolutely screams and is a blast - especially with true single coils. Just get a noise gate on it. Still *very much* in the Fender world of tones. Since getting into Teles I'm more able to embrace the notch tones of the Strat which makes it such a unique instrument.
                Originally posted by crusty philtrum
                Anyone who *sings* at me through their teeth deserves to have a bus drive through their face
                http://www.youtube.com/alexiansounds

Comment

I should have a Tele in my stable, but I just can't ever seem to lower my standards enough to purchase one.

Comment

I could manage a Deluxe, but traditional Teles do not appeal to me at all.

Comment

Teles are not ergonomic for me, but I dig what other people do with them. I'd have to alter one so it is more Strat than Tele.

Comment

Teles give just a *little bit more* than the Strats did. More bite, more balls, more chunk, more sweetness, more articulation. Notes ring more true. High gain absolutely screams and is a blast - especially with true single coils. Just get a noise gate on it. Still *very much* in the Fender world of tones. Since getting into Teles I'm more able to embrace the notch tones of the Strat which makes it such a unique instrument.[/QUOTE]

Absolutely. That's the way I feel after playing strats for so long. You can really dig in on a tele. Sounds nothing like any other guitar. I currently have 30 guitars and I'm seriously considering selling at least 5 of them and picking up a really nice Fender telecaster after playing this cheap Squier Affinity. I can't put it down.

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
                          Teles are not ergonomic for me, but I dig what other people do with them. I'd have to alter one so it is more Strat than Tele.
                          Get an Albert Lee.
                          Ain't nothin' but a G thang, baby.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Benjy_26 View Post

Get an Albert Lee.
                              Great guitars. I did get a Silhouette Special.

Comment

Originally posted by LLL View Post
                                I should have a Tele in my stable, but I just can't ever seem to lower my standards enough to purchase one.

Ha. That's the way I used to feel for 60 years. I thought of it as being just an uncomfortable cheap plank of wood with a couple pups in it. Yeah it IS! But man, it is just a singing guitar.

Everyone should have at least a Tele or two, a Strat, an LP (or 2 or 3 or 10), an SG, and a shredder with a Floyd.
                                Originally Posted by IanBallard
                                Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

Working...
                                X