Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Les Paul Number 1 - Auction Block

The mods and myths of Les Paul's 'number one' Goldtop | Guitar World

This article has tons of detail photos and text about the guitar, and how Les hacked it up experimenting.
    Seriously, if this was on my bench I'd throw a fit because of all the alterations done with a hammer and "a hot screwdriver" according to Les.

Right now auction estimates are around $100,000. I think it will bring a mill, easy.
    aka Chris Pile, formerly of Six String Fever

I'm so old, I remember when people didn't get excited about old, chewed up test equipment. :P
    Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
    This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

Wow. That thing has been hacked and modded to hell and back.

Comment

Surprised Tommy is selling it. Still, it'll bring a pretty penny, no doubt.
        "You should know better by now than to introduce science into a discussion of voodoo."

Comment

EVH and Les shared a love for hacking things up to make stuff do what they wanted.

No wonder they were such close buds.

Comment

Very cool, especially those early phantom coils. Love the steel rod for the bridge.
            Originally posted by dominus
            Your rant would sound better with an A8 magnet, it'll beef it up some without sacrificing some of the whine.

Comment

$930,000 price, plus buyers premium.

Gibson Guitars refused this guitar when it was offered - another stupid decision from them.
              aka Chris Pile, formerly of Six String Fever

Comment

Working...
              X