I went in for one thing and left with another... NGD again lol

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I went in for one thing and left with another... NGD again lol

I originally went into the store to buy a new bridge for the charvel I got a couple weeks ago, ended up leaving with the bridge... and a new PRS SE...

Got myself a new PRS SE Hollowbody II today, came with a hard shell case, really nice guitar. Feels incredible, I've always wanted to like PRS but never really cared for the weight, but this one feels incredible and is super light obviously being a hollow body. Very happy with what I got. Going to crank it through my amps tomorrow and see how I feel about the electronics since I hear they mostly have mixed reviews in that sense.

Anyway, enjoy the pictures!

Click image for larger version

Name:	FBnT7jgXEAUsyMm?format=jpg&name=4096x4096.jpg
Views:	158
Size:	32.5 KB
ID:	6119222
    Click image for larger version

Name:	FBnT8nSWEAE25F_?format=jpg&name=4096x4096.jpg
Views:	162
Size:	39.9 KB
ID:	6119223
    Guitars: Kiesel Bolt Classic, Strandberg Boden Standard 7, Jackson DXMG (Japan) & Charvel Model 5.

Amps: Marshall 1959slp & Peavey 5150 (Block Letter)

Wow! What a great guitar! Is it pretty balanced having a hollow body?
    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Nice one. Been GASsing for the same for a while. What pickups does that model have? Let us know how it sounds.

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
        Wow! What a great guitar! Is it pretty balanced having a hollow body?
        Honestly it balances reeeeally well, I wasn't expecting it to balance so well. Absolutely no neck dive nor do I feel I need to support the neck while I'm playing which is a very big thing for me personally.
        Guitars: Kiesel Bolt Classic, Strandberg Boden Standard 7, Jackson DXMG (Japan) & Charvel Model 5.

Comment

Originally posted by beaubrummels View Post
          Nice one. Been GASsing for the same for a while. What pickups does that model have? Let us know how it sounds.
          It has the prs pickups 85/15 s which I believe come in some PRS S2 guitars, I didn't have a chance to crank my amp tonight, so I'll have a better idea of what these sound like at a later date!

Comment

Looks sweet. I like those intonatable wraparound bridges.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            -=The Dali
            --== Unabashed Alex Lifeson Fan

Visit My Guitar Building Blog at www.hammersandchords.com

Comment

Pretty awesome. Maybe I need to go and try some more SEs. I've never really liked any that I played in the past for a variety of reasons. But lately I've been reading lots of good reviews from you guys.
              Originally Posted by IanBallard
              Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

Originally posted by NjuiMusic View Post

Honestly it balances reeeeally well, I wasn't expecting it to balance so well. Absolutely no neck dive nor do I feel I need to support the neck while I'm playing which is a very big thing for me personally.
                Great to know! I hadn't tried one, but I really considered getting one and I was worried about that.

Comment

the se guitars are pretty damn good all around. tuners arent always the best but that easy to fix should it be a problem. thats a sweet guitar alright! the se 85/15 arent the same as the usa ones but they still sound pretty good. a buddy has one of those and put some lollars in it and he loves it. i think it plays great but might have gone a different way for the pups, though it does sound good

Comment

How does it compare to more traditional hollowbodies? Can you hear the hollow-ness, or does it sound like a thicker solidbody?

Comment

Working...
                    X