Today's broken guitar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Today's broken guitar

I teach at a high school, the class is called music production/audio recording.

For the most part my students do a great job of taking care of our equipment, but once in awhile.... Things get broken.

Most recently it was a thunderbird bass. Not sure how it happened, nobody fessed up. But it broke.

Ordered parts, a new jack and a Gibson backplate I hoped would fit and cover the broken face.

Turned out ok I think.
    https://open.spotify.com/artist/7e2g...TLy6SQH5nk44wA

That turned out ok. Maybe someone dropped and plug part was the only part that hit something.

Comment

Now I gotta confess something;

while in high school,

I tried to see how fast i could turn on/off the water using the handle on the faucet. Resulting in breaking it off...

...and our teacher asked us all who did it. I swear, i must have looked innocent as an angel, because no one looked at me XD

... i figured out it would put me in real trouble, get expelled, and a huge bill sent . But it went OK.

(frantic teenagers, lol)
      If somethings important- send a PM. I might be offline for long periods. Rock on!!!

Comment

I don’t like bolt on tbirds but I gotta hand it to Epi: the base models always have a great burst and nice grain.

Comment

Originally posted by formula73 View Post
          I don’t like bolt on tbirds but I gotta hand it to Epi: the base models always have a great burst and nice grain.
          Base?

Don't ever run Squire smack on me again!
          Originally posted by Bad City
          He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman View Post

Base?

Don't ever run Squire smack on me again!
            Base model, fool. Firebird vs Trans Am, Camaro vs Z28. Entry level, aka, BOLT NECK EPI TBIRDS.

How tf do you have a degree?

Comment

Order a black plate, and it will look even better than before!
              Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

i mean, since your an educator -I think the best thing you can do for their future is not encourage them to be broke for the rest of their life trying to make music....

I kid i kid.

Thats cool that you are teaching music and production and thats a very functional repair.

Last edited by NegativeEase; 10-16-2021, 05:04 PM.
                “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

Nice repair. I agree on getting a black plate but this is a worthy repair. Gives it character.

Comment

Working...
                  X