Being happy with the guitars you got

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Being happy with the guitars you got

Anyone completely happy with the guitars they got and have no plans of buying another?

For me I have been averaging 6 guitars new or used a year for going on 5 years straight now. Some I still have, while others I sold. It wasn't until recently when I picked up a cheap tele that I started to feel that my collection is finally complete. Well almost. As the years move on I find myself becoming more a collector. Yes, I still play just as much but the collecting of guitars is sometimes just as fun as playing them. And there is always good deals going on new or used that sometimes it is tuff to pass up. Is this because of the times we are in that everything is a mouse click away and that sweet guitar will arrive in a few days at your door? Maybe. I know back when online shopping wasn't around and walking into a guitar shop I would pass up so many guitars after playing them first. This day and age we take a chance and if the guitar isn't up to our standards we can just send them back. Online shopping has changed me as a player and sometimes I feel it's not for the best. So, at the start of the New Year I am determined not to buy another guitar. Wish me luck.

I have an awesome (small) group of guitars that I could do any studio date or live show with. In the future, I may refine things, like sell an acoustic to get a better one, but I have no need to add any more to what I have.
    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

I will probably finish some of my projects beforehand, but I wouldn't rule out buying another new guitar in the next six months. Maybe even before the end of this year.

Comment

I can relate, OP. I still have about a dozen guitars on hand and a couple deconstructed projects, but I've narrowed down my handful of keepers (5 electrics + 1 acoustic) and the rest are going away for good. I genuinely don't plan to buy another guitar over the next few years. I'm finally happy with what I have, a little sad that I got stuck "chasing" for so long, and I'm ready to focus my efforts and money on other things now.

Comment

Should ask my wife...

Comment

I’m back to ten guitars after a weak attempt to thin the herd. Just today I bought another one, and have plans to buy yet another done. I love to play, but I also love to collect. The thrill of bringing a different guitar home is hard to pass up. This year alone I must’ve bought and sold about 10 guitars.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by 1neeto View Post
              I’m back to ten guitars after a weak attempt to thin the herd. Just today I bought another one, and have plans to buy yet another done. I love to play, but I also love to collect. The thrill of bringing a different guitar home is hard to pass up. This year alone I must’ve bought and sold about 10 guitars.

Yeah we have the same disease. There is nothing quite like the thrill of a different guitar in your hands, especially when the price is right.

Comment

I'm more satisfied with my guitars now than I have been in years. Still have a couple I would like to grab. Really nice semi hollow with filtertrons in one and a really nice stage electric acoustic.
                As of now I only own the bolt on US Washburn Strat and super strats and neck through Carvin Kiesels with the one PRS. That was a key and In particular surrendered on the Carvin Kiesels. I finally accepted I just like playing them on stage better that anything else so--.
                Now own 7 Carvin Kiesels and every one has it's own distinct tone and personality.
                Last edited by Ascension; 10-22-2021, 08:22 AM.
                Guitars
                Kiesel DC 135, Carvin AE 185, DC 400, DC 127 KOA, DC 127 Quilt Purple, X220C, PRS Custom 24, Washburn USA MG 122 proto , MG 102, MG 120.
                Amps PRS Archon 50 head, MT 15, Mesa Subway Rocket, DC-5, Carvin X50B Hot Rod Mod head, Zinky 25watt Blue Velvet combo.

Comment

I am totally happy with the guitars that I own and have no plans whatsoever to buy another one. But I will be so much happier with more. I currently have about 60, 4 more nearing completion, and one I'm just starting. With a little luck I should be able to add about 5-10 more guitars each year. I'm getting happier and happier by the moment.
                  Originally Posted by IanBallard
                  Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

I love guitars, all styles and all brands. However, anything I buy is going to take playing time away from one of the amazing guitars I already own. Any new guitar has to play or sound better than my R7, 335 or Kauer Banshee. My strats and teles are all good, but not great. If anything comes in because it sounds better, then I don't need what it is replacing anymore

Comment

I’m incredibly spoiled with my collection. 15 year old me would never have believed i have all this stuff.

I’d love to say I’m satisfied, but we all know how that goes.
                      “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

Originally posted by UnderTheFlame83 View Post

Yeah we have the same disease. There is nothing quite like the thrill of a different guitar in your hands, especially when the price is right.
                        Here’s the funny part. Just when I got home with the guitar, I’m literarily taking it off my car to bring inside the house, I get a text from my friend telling me that he just got an offer for $600, and if I want to contact that potential buyer so I make the $100 and get the LTD instead. I’m like bro, I’m not even in the honeymoon stage with this guitar yet, she’s basically still walking down the aisle.

Needless to say I’m still tempted. If I look at it as a potential flip, that LTD will easily sell for $800. The SG may also sell for that much, but it will take longer. Metal super Strats are just easier to sell. But I dig this SG. It plays so different to everything else I have, including my Les Paul.

Comment

I am content. I worked toward that for many years. Now I need to prioritize the least-used ones that I can thin out now. I've learned what I can use and what I can't, mostly.

Comment

I have six electrics covering the basics. I play the PRS the most 'cause it's just better than the others....these days mostly through a 1 watt Blackstar driving a single 12". Less gear = more music.

Comment

I always say I'm happy and done and good with all the guitars I have.

Until the next one.
                              -
                              My Rolling Stones tribute band: The Main Street Exiles

At the battle of the bands, the loser is always the audience. -Demitri Martin

Comment

Working...
                              X