Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
    Thanks for the video- it sounds great!
    Thanks! I did unscrew the pick guard but I couldn’t see anything definitive. I’m afraid I’ll have to take the strings and saddle off to really see under there, and these strings are new so that’ll have to wait until next string change.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by 1neeto View Post

Having a bit too much fun with this thing. I’ll make the time to loosen the strings and unscrew that pickguard. Here’s a fun video I made yesterday. I think she sounds great, but the player needs to practice.

Got a good idea of what your voice sounds like, and heard the demo of your distortion pedal pretty loud and clear, but didn't much hear the guitar. (Just joshing ya).
      Originally Posted by IanBallard
      Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

$500 SG is a score man!
        congrats, that thing looks sick!
        https://open.spotify.com/artist/7e2g...TLy6SQH5nk44wA

Comment

Originally posted by 80's_Thrash_Metal View Post
          $500 SG is a score man!
          congrats, that thing looks sick!
          Thanks! It sure is a cool guitar. It has also come to my attention that ebony board on an SG is quite uncommon. She sure plays and sounds great!

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarDoc View Post

Got a good idea of what your voice sounds like, and heard the demo of your distortion pedal pretty loud and clear, but didn't much hear the guitar. (Just joshing ya).
            Lol I tend to ramble a lot. the muff is a great pedal for sure. The happy birthday song at the beginning was amp distortion with a dispatch master for delay and reverb.

Comment

That’s a great SG! Great price, too! A few years ago I wanted to try out the Saturday night special set, and got a good deal on a ‘95 sg special to put them in. I set myself up with low expectations.

it is now one of the favorites in my arsenal. I love the pickups, but that late 90’s era sg special just really does it for me. I’d never have thought I’d love SGs , but they sure are awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by pskorz View Post
                That’s a great SG! Great price, too! A few years ago I wanted to try out the Saturday night special set, and got a good deal on a ‘95 sg special to put them in. I set myself up with low expectations.

it is now one of the favorites in my arsenal. I love the pickups, but that late 90’s era sg special just really does it for me. I’d never have thought I’d love SGs , but they sure are awesome.
                SG with a set of Saturday Night Specials.
                I would imagine that I would like that.

Sent from my SM-A115A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Demanic View Post
                  SG with a set of Saturday Night Specials.
                  I would imagine that I would like that.

Sent from my SM-A115A using Tapatalk
                  It’s one of my favorite guitars. I absolutely LOVE the Saturday Night Specials. They do classic rock, yes, but are quite versatile.

Comment

Originally posted by 1neeto View Post

Yeah for it about six months ago. Awesome little tone monster! This one is the older one without reverb.

Had both with and without Reverb versions. The one i have kept for many years is a non reverb I think they sound better of the 2.
                    I have a WGS ET 10 in mine and it's a little monster with a mic on it!!
                    Here is mine at super low stage level miced in a Church setting running only a delay in the loop.

Guitars
                    Kiesel DC 135, Carvin AE 185, DC 400, DC 127 KOA, DC 127 Quilt Purple, X220C, PRS Custom 24, Washburn USA MG 122 proto , MG 102, MG 120.
                    Amps PRS Archon 50 head, MT 15, Mesa Subway Rocket, DC-5, Carvin X50B Hot Rod Mod head, Zinky 25watt Blue Velvet combo.

Comment

Originally posted by Ascension View Post

Had both with and without Reverb versions. The one i have kept for many years is a non reverb I think they sound better of the 2.
                      I have a WGS ET 10 in mine and it's a little monster with a mic on it!!
                      Here is mine at super low stage level miced in a Church setting running only a delay in the loop.
                      Can’t see the video for some reason.

Comment

Great choice on the SG. I’m a Gibson fanboy though so….

Comment

Speaking of SGs... There's a 2002 Gibson SG Faded local for $600 with case. Thinking about it... if it drops to $500, I may pull the trigger.

Comment

Originally posted by Gtrjunior View Post
                            Great choice on the SG. I’m a Gibson fanboy though so….
                            I’m becoming one! My Les Paul Studio and now this SG are my number one and two guitars! My PRS is hanging looking pretty on the wall.
                            Originally posted by UnderTheFlame83 View Post
                            Speaking of SGs... There's a 2002 Gibson SG Faded local for $600 with case. Thinking about it... if it drops to $500, I may pull the trigger.
                            With a case? Go get it! Even if it’s less than perfect, that’s definitely a deal. Mine didn’t come with a case.
                            Originally posted by Aceman
                            Lot of win there. I'd hit a $500 SG like trailer park tramp that didn't bring my sammich fast enough!*

* This statement is not meant to imply that hitting anyone ever, especially for slow service, regardless of race, orientation, or socio economic status is acceptable.
                            Man good thing I wasn’t drinking anything when I read this! Today is my birthday and I’m stuck at work so I needed this laugh.

Comment

Originally posted by pskorz View Post
                              It’s one of my favorite guitars. I absolutely LOVE the Saturday Night Specials. They do classic rock, yes, but are quite versatile.
                              Agreed and a SNS set is one of my all time favorites. Have a set now in my solid Black Carvin AE 185.
                              Guitars
                              Kiesel DC 135, Carvin AE 185, DC 400, DC 127 KOA, DC 127 Quilt Purple, X220C, PRS Custom 24, Washburn USA MG 122 proto , MG 102, MG 120.
                              Amps PRS Archon 50 head, MT 15, Mesa Subway Rocket, DC-5, Carvin X50B Hot Rod Mod head, Zinky 25watt Blue Velvet combo.

Comment

Originally posted by UnderTheFlame83 View Post
                                That is a fantastic deal at $600.
                                Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Working...
                                X