banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Something wicked (and pink) this way comes!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Something wicked (and pink) this way comes!

Meteora build #2 is officially underway!

I'd like to give a special "thank you" to my family, my friends, and to Krylon "Berry Pink" for making this punk pink pop rocker possible!

Good looking! I once had a pink squier I liked except that I wish it was more that pink you have, mine was kinda washed out pastel pink compared to that and didn't have that "pop".

Comment

That is about the pinkest pink I've ever seen...I dig it!
      Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Yep, that sure is pink.
        "You should know better by now than to introduce science into a discussion of voodoo."

Comment

Cool idea, but need to see it assembled. As-is, kind of has a 'Pepto' vibe. My stomach feels better for now, but I'm sure after a guard, pickups and neck are on it, my ears might feel better too. Speaking of, what pickups are going in, and what neck is going on?

Comment

Ebony fretboard & black pick guard? What about pickups?

Comment

Looks awesome!

Comment

You know what else is pink....
                https://open.spotify.com/artist/7e2g...TLy6SQH5nk44wA

Comment

ASH.
                  aka Chris Pile, formerly of Six String Fever

Comment

Noice . The shade looks similar to Jem SK, imo.
                    Originally posted by dominus
                    Your rant would sound better with an A8 magnet, it'll beef it up some without sacrificing some of the whine.

Comment

Black hardware would pop on that guitar

Comment

I was leaning toward chrome hardware, but you guys are giving me something to consider.

The huge, swoopy pickguard is plain black, so I was worried about having "too much black" if all the hardware followed suit. I like the chrome knobs popping against the black pickguard on my other build, but maybe I should go a different route on this pink one. Hmmm....

As for the neck, I currently have another maple Roadhouse Deluxe Strat neck setup with the same black "inlays" I recently did on my blue Meteora:

The neck is a bit of a placeholder, but I have to admit these Roadhouse Deluxe necks do feel and play great!

I'm still waiting on a pair of custom necks with black block inlays and black binding (!!!) to arrive from BYO Guitar. So, the necks might get swapped out eventually, but it'll be a maple neck with large black inlays either way.

And these modded Black Winters are gonna be the pickups:

Planning on a Hipshot Contour 2-point bridge. I have a chrome one on hand, but I could pickup a black one if needed. Problem (?) is, it would be satin, I believe, but the silver accents on the black Hipshot might look cool next to the "blackened" pickups.

Decisions, decisions...what do you guys think?

Comment

Originally posted by Little Pigbacon
                          Definitely Pepto! Love it! What kind of wood is that?
                          Naw THIS is Pepto pink!
                          Looks like that is going to be a cool guitar! i also agree on BLACK hardware on it!
                          Guitars
                          Kiesel DC 135, Carvin AE 185, DC 400, DC 127 KOA, DC 127 Quilt Purple, X220C, PRS Custom 24, Washburn USA MG 122 proto , MG 102, MG 120.
                          Amps PRS Archon 50 head, MT 15, Mesa Subway Rocket, DC-5, Carvin X50B Hot Rod Mod head, Zinky 25watt Blue Velvet combo.

Comment

Dang...you guys are totally right. Mocked it up and it definitely needs black hardware. Chrome cheapens it too much.

Besides, a black Hipshot with the silver accents would look right at home next to those pickups. Kinda wish my pickguard was matte/satin now too!

Off to order new knobs and a bridge...LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by beaubrummels View Post
                              Cool idea, but need to see it assembled. As-is, kind of has a 'Pepto' vibe. My stomach feels better for now, but I'm sure after a guard, pickups and neck are on it, my ears might feel better too. Speaking of, what pickups are going in, and what neck is going on?
                              It reminds me of the pink Peeps.
                              I hope at least a Distortion is going in the bridge.

Sent from my SM-A115A using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X