Poplar body tele

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poplar body tele

How do you think a jbjr in the bridge would sound?

i think it would great but do they make a tele jbjr?

Comment

You can get one made to fit a traditional Tele, but this might just be Tele-shaped. I think it would sound great in poplar, actually.
      Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

is that a custom shop offering? i dont ever recall seeing one

Comment

Whether or not that specific pickup is available, it will probably sound like a JB whether it's in poplar, mahogany, maple, etc. A JB always sounds like a JB.
          Originally Posted by IanBallard
          Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

Originally posted by Little Pigbacon
            Are you even talking about a guitar with a Telecaster bridge, or just something with a Telecaster body shape?
            Both

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
              You can get one made to fit a traditional Tele, but this might just be Tele-shaped. I think it would sound great in poplar, actually.
              It's a Tagima that has a tele style bridge, I didn't even think about the possibility of it not fitting. What would the problem be? I have a vintage too if it won't work

Comment

there is no tele jbjr in the lineup that ive ever seen, they have a hotrails and lil59 for tele but not jb jr (or cool rails for that matter) so im sure they could do it but you wont find it on a shelf.

Comment

The Custom Shop can build one. But no, a Strat version doesn't work in a Tele.

Comment

They can be made to fit.....
                    aka Chris Pile, formerly of Six String Fever

Comment

Where's the fun in that?
                      If you can't find the fun in working on guitars, WTH are you doing here?
                      Oh, yeah - I know, wasting everyone's time as per usual.

aka Chris Pile, formerly of Six String Fever

Comment

I don’t know what sound you are going for, but if you mentioned a jb jr, I’m thinking you may be going for a hot rodded sound. They do make hot rails for tele, and they sound very excellent in a poplar tele. No classic twang, but a nice humbucker sound.

Comment

Haha. Ok I just happen to have a hot rails bridge pickup, so that will fit?

I just love the jbjr but I've got a strat it can go in.

Comment

I've never altered a Strat pickup to fit a Tele, but I'd be interested to know how.

Comment

Poplar is one of my favorite tone woods. Light very warm and open sounding but is also soft and not very attractive with a transparent finish. However sounds really good to my ear. I really like the Lil 59 in the bridge of a Tele myself.
                              Guitars
                              Kiesel DC 135, Carvin AE 185, DC 400, DC 127 KOA, DC 127 Quilt Purple, X220C, PRS Custom 24, Washburn USA MG 122 proto , MG 102, MG 120.
                              Amps PRS Archon 50 head, MT 15, Mesa Subway Rocket, DC-5, Carvin X50B Hot Rod Mod head, Zinky 25watt Blue Velvet combo.

Comment

Working...
                              X