banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Well, I'm just going to post this and let tempers fly......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’ve been using the Hetfield White Fang which is Ultex in the grippy flow design at 1.14mm. I’m the past I got some Ultex Sharps in .88mm and 1.14mm and they were both great as well. I know what you mean about presence. Just a little cut in the attack that is great for my heavier playing. I typically use Fender medium tortoise or Tortex yellow for my bluesier playing.
    Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
      I dig the Ultex material. I don't know what is different from normal Delrin, but it has more attack to me.
      Exactly my experience -the attack pops with quite a life!
      “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

Originally posted by Ascension View Post

Agree the Ultex has an attack very much like real torus shell and i have been running Ultex .90 Sharps for years. Only down sides are they are soft so don't last that long and the brown color blends into most anything so if you drop one they are hard to find. If you drop a Ultex and most any other regular pick on a hard surface you can actually here the difference in them.
        Dude, I've lost that pick 10x in 3 days.... tell me about it!
        “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

Originally posted by LLL View Post
          Tone is in the pick.
          Thats why I titled the this "and let the tempers fly". by indicating that they were a little livelier in the attack than tortex....

because tonepick,.... yah know.

Comment

Picks and strings. They are without doubt the most cost-effective and relevant elements to experiment with.

Comment

Originally posted by Ascension View Post

Agree the Ultex has an attack very much like real torus shell and i have been running Ultex .90 Sharps for years. Only down sides are they are soft so don't last that long and the brown color blends into most anything so if you drop one they are hard to find. If you drop a Ultex and most any other regular pick on a hard surface you can actually here the difference in them.
              you think the normal ultex are soft and dont last long? mine last a long time and while i dont play heavy music, i do play really freakin hard at times. or are you talking about the primetones?

Comment

Primetones are Ultex picks with bevels and polishing. They’re awesome, and no softer or harder than any other Ultex (ultem) pick.
                “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

$9 for a freakin pick!

Comment

I lose picks too often. Mostly in the laundry. I always have 2 or 3 in my pocket at all times.
                    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by Securb View Post
                      $9 for a freakin pick!
                      They’re more like $2 or $3.
                      “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

Working...
                      X