STRATDELUXER97's pedal mods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• STRATDELUXER97's pedal mods

I recently had my Boss DS-1 modded by STRATDELUXER97. I run a couple Strats with JB's through a Marshall 1987 head, which is set around 2-4, pretty clean, but it did needed some gain occasionally, and my DS-1 was ok but it would loss bottom end and be a little nosiey. I talked to John about his mods and decided to try it out, I sent him the pedal and I had it back within a week and a half...when I got it back, what a difference, no loss of bottom end, lost that noise, and a ton more tonefull gain. He also sent back the replaced parts, about 20 (caps, resisters,...), I took a peek inside...John does some nice work, you can't tell from what was replace to what was original. I'm about to send him my SD-1...
    Hey John....

Re: STRATDELUXER97's pedal mods

Yeah - my wish is that he could be closer to the UK and I would be around his place every other weekend (he would be around mine the first weekends) and I could take him all my pedals and I could "borrow" some of his lefty pedals!!

John whenever you feel the need to visit us folk in the UK - give me a call.
    Normans Guitars

Comment

I just got Maxon Distortion Master.. not a cheap pedal.

My first impression is that I like John's DS-1 better. Hard to beatthe tone, hard to beat the price!
      "music heals"
      facebook

Comment

Originally posted by jguttello
        I recently had my Boss DS-1 modded by STRATDELUXER97. I run a couple Strats with JB's through a Marshall 1987 head, which is set around 2-4, pretty clean, but it did needed some gain occasionally, and my DS-1 was ok but it would loss bottom end and be a little nosiey. I talked to John about his mods and decided to try it out, I sent him the pedal and I had it back within a week and a half...when I got it back, what a difference, no loss of bottom end, lost that noise, and a ton more tonefull gain. He also sent back the replaced parts, about 20 (caps, resisters,...), I took a peek inside...John does some nice work, you can't tell from what was replace to what was original. I'm about to send him my SD-1...
        Hey John....
        Hey,Thanks Jeff,Norman,and Curly...Reading these types of posts from you all means alot to me and it's worth way more than the small amount of money I charge for the mods! Jeff....I appreciate the time for you to post about your DS1 and I'm estatic that you like it..Thanks again to all of you...My friends..

John
        Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

Comment

Originally posted by Norman_T
          Yeah - my wish is that he could be closer to the UK and I would be around his place every other weekend (he would be around mine the first weekends) and I could take him all my pedals and I could "borrow" some of his lefty pedals!!

John whenever you feel the need to visit us folk in the UK - give me a call.
          Thanks Norman...I'm getting all mushy inside..The lefty pedal thing really made me laugh...I'd like to think that my pedals are "right" You guys all ROCK!

John
          Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

Comment

I had John mod my DS-1 about a month ago and I couldn't be happier with. Never knew a $20 pawnshop pedal could sound so good.

John is DA MAN!!!

P.S. My SD-1 will be headed your way next week.

Comment

Originally posted by stratsandaks
              I had John mod my DS-1 about a month ago and I couldn't be happier with. Never knew a $20 pawnshop pedal could sound so good.

John is DA MAN!!!

P.S. My SD-1 will be headed your way next week.
              Thanks for posting and very glad you like your DS1...Cool beans on the SD1 also...

John

Comment

Well John gets my vote for "Good Guy" & "Mod Master". I sent him my TS9 to beef up the tone and check on the sketchy switch. The switch was beyond cleaning and he was able to mod a Boss switch to fit...hours of extra troubleshooting and modding beyond the plan to mod the pedal for that fat tone.He even Expresed mailed it so I got the pedal 5 hours before my gig that night! I use it to boost my lead and it had a sweet fatness that the stock pedal lacked, I KNOW that some tweaking with the setting will dial in a killer tone, I'll play with it later today as I have a busy weekend but I'm dying to see what else this pedal can do. Can't thank John enough for going the extra mile to help me get my tone AND speedy service to boot! Some aloha goodies will be coming your way bro. Thanks.

Gibson KS 336, LP Standard, Special and Customs
                Bogner, Orange, Tech 21 and Fender amps
                Celestion speakers
                Duncan, Bare Knuckle, WCR and Gibson pups
                Too many pedals....

Comment

Originally posted by butnut
                  Well John gets my vote for "Good Guy" & "Mod Master". I sent him my TS9 to beef up the tone and check on the sketchy switch. The switch was beyond cleaning and he was able to mod a Boss switch to fit...hours of extra troubleshooting and modding beyond the plan to mod the pedal for that fat tone.He even Expresed mailed it so I got the pedal 5 hours before my gig that night! I use it to boost my lead and it had a sweet fatness that the stock pedal lacked, I KNOW that some tweaking with the setting will dial in a killer tone, I'll play with it later today as I have a busy weekend but I'm dying to see what else this pedal can do. Can't thank John enough for going the extra mile to help me get my tone AND speedy service to boot! Some aloha goodies will be coming your way bro. Thanks.
                  Thanks so much Brian...Glad to hear it..Thanks to all of you for letting me know your feelings...You guys are all my buddies!

John

Comment

Originally posted by STRATDELUXER97
                    Thanks so much Brian...Glad to hear it..Thanks to all of you for letting me know your feelings...You guys are all my buddies!

John
                    Bumped.....These posts satisfy my ego!

Comment

Working...
                    X