Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GFS active onboard guitar preamp?! :D

I'm just about to order one of these:

GFS ""Clapton" style mid boost circuit- Drive your amp!

I really want to try it in my Peavey Raptor Plus; instead of the stock tone.

anyone?

-Erl
    If somethings important- send a PM. I might be offline for long periods. Rock on!!!

The GFS circuits are rebranded ARTEC circuits. I have had good luck with the ARTEC circuits and active pickups. You need to exercise some caution when soldering the ARTEC circuits because you can damage them if exposed to high heat. So it's a good idea to use a lower wattage soldering iron with a small tip.

Instead of trying to twist together wires and then solder them to the tiny solder pads solder single wires to the pads and then twist together the wires, solder, and heat shrink. You will also need to measure carefully to make sure that you can fit one inside your routes because they are taller than necessary. If not you will need to use a Dremel tool to deepen routes. Lastly, you need to make sure you can fit a 9V battery in the routes. If not you can wire straight to a stereo jack and build a phantom power box to deliver power and guitar signal.

Last edited by idsnowdog; 12-17-2021, 10:35 AM.

Comment

yeah i guess i could mount it outboard; after the guitar, like, with two female jacks no problem. I once had a nice enclosure that would match .. :o
      If somethings important- send a PM. I might be offline for long periods. Rock on!!!

Comment

I wonder how it would sound though. Maybe very nice. The guitar is a real heavy metal guitar.

Comment

I had a ARTEC QTA in a metal enclosure for use as a pedal and it worked fine. The metal enclosure cut down on noise.

Comment

I put one of those in a thin hollow body LP that I made. It worked and sounded great. I had no problems at all with the soldering nor with the fit.
            Originally Posted by IanBallard
            Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

Working...
            X