• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 11 string classical

Strap some of this on....
    S.L.Weiss Ciacona Göran Söllscher guitar - YouTube
    aka Chris Pile, formerly of Six String Fever

I've had his album of Bach lute suites since college, c. 1984. He had that guitar then on that album. It gives you an idea what the music was supposed to sound like. I think it was custom made for doing Bach lute music?

Comment

Don't know much about the player, but the builder is Swedish and frequently built multi-string guitars up to 13 strings.
      aka Chris Pile, formerly of Six String Fever

Comment

I dig it, and it makes me want the 10 string electric I’ve been eyeballing that much more.
        “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

Yeh, only way to play the venerable old guys in powdered wigs to get the full sonorities from the low end and resonance.

I like Michael Thames' 'Dresden' guitar with the floating basses. Chk that sustain at the end!
          Originally posted by dominus
          Your rant would sound better with an A8 magnet, it'll beef it up some without sacrificing some of the whine.

Comment

Originally posted by JB_From_Hell View Post
            I dig it, and it makes me want the 10 string electric I’ve been eyeballing that much more.
            More info about that 10 string electric you have in mind, please...
            Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Playing a little bit of classical, I can totally see how tuning the bottom strings appropriately for the piece would allow for some bad@$$ playing.

Love that.
              Originally posted by Bad City
              He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
                More info about that 10 string electric you have in mind, please...
                I've been playing my Falbo 8 for over a year, and really love the extra low range. I still love my 6 string guitars, but found my 7 doesn't really serve much purpose anymore.

Naturally, I want more absurdly low notes, and Rondo has a huge selection of ridiculous instruments to meet those needs. I was initially looking at a 25.5-28.625" 9 string, but I think the 27-30" 10 string makes more sense. It's different enough from my 8 to justify owning, and with a nut over 3" wide, it seems like a logical place to end this ridiculous quest for low notes.
                Love This : Agile Pendulum Pro 102730 EB CA Satin Blue / Purple Burl Advanced Order 1/31
                “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

Originally posted by JB_From_Hell View Post

I've been playing my Falbo 8 for over a year, and really love the extra low range. I still love my 6 string guitars, but found my 7 doesn't really serve much purpose anymore.

Naturally, I want more absurdly low notes, and Rondo has a huge selection of ridiculous instruments to meet those needs. I was initially looking at a 25.5-28.625" 9 string, but I think the 27-30" 10 string makes more sense. It's different enough from my 8 to justify owning, and with a nut over 3" wide, it seems like a logical place to end this ridiculous quest for low notes.
                  Well, I wouldn't have guessed that! What a crazy guitar! Ever consider a Chapman Stick?
                  Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post

Well, I wouldn't have guessed that! What a crazy guitar! Ever consider a Chapman Stick?
                    I would like one, but they’re a bit out of my budget. If I set the action really low on my 8, it’ll do a lot of Stick stuff. I do prefer the option of being able to play it like a normal guitar.

Comment

Working...
                    X