Givson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GuitarDoc View Post
    So typically the Chinese-English. You'd think that if a Chinese company got big enough to be exporting many guitars (or any product for that matter) they could hire someone that knew how to speak proper English (not all the employees...just ONE person in marketing needs to know English).

I'm not opposed to buying products from China. I'm not a "made-in-America" cork sniffer. Probably most of the products I buy are made in China. I just think it's extremely poor marketing to advertise and sell to an American market without being able to speak the language.

Comment

That thing needs an Alt-8!
      https://open.spotify.com/artist/7e2g...TLy6SQH5nk44wA

Comment

"Toon wood"! Omg I'm never gonna stop using that!

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20220114-212303.png
Views:	159
Size:	175.7 KB
ID:	6143730
        https://open.spotify.com/artist/7e2g...TLy6SQH5nk44wA

Comment

So typically the Chinese-English. You'd think that if a Chinese company got big enough to be exporting many guitars (or any product for that matter) they could hire someone that knew how to speak proper English (not all the employees...just ONE person in marketing needs to know English).

I'm not opposed to buying products from China. I'm not a "made-in-America" cork sniffer. Probably most of the products I buy are made in China. I just think it's extremely poor marketing to advertise and sell to an American market without being able to speak the language.
          This is so true. Don't get me started on Americans we have a ridiculous number of stupid behaviors as well. But there is real confusion around communication even with the largest Asian companies.

I'm a business analyst during the day, and 10 years ago, I got pulled into a gig to help one of the largest Asian airlines. They had run an ad in US magazines that was pretty embarrassing.

Poorly worded and nothing but grandstanding.. and the biggest problem was they didn't address average american needs or requirements... It was all "we're the best and we know everything and you would have a better life if you used our airline".

My job was to go back and attempt to create new positioning based on actual differentiation.. things that they are better at that people in the United States would find interesting.

Instead of that conversation, they kept looping back to the original ad trying to justify that they were the best and they did know more then anyone else and that the public was just unintelligent.

The company I was working for apologized, paid my fees and said goodbye after a month. I hear they continued to try to make progress for another 6 months before folding the entire project.

And here's the thing that makes no sense. Unlike this rip off guitar, the airline we were working with had extremely good differentiation. They needed the story to go along with it, but there was a real market opportunity and they just couldn't understand the need to communicate.

Again, we've got more than enough of our own problems here in the United States, but it's nice to see some hilarious language demonstrating that the rest of the world also isn't perfect. Thanks for sharing :-)

Last edited by zionstrat; 01-14-2022, 10:49 PM.
          What's so Funny about Peace Love and Understanding?

Comment

FWIW - they are an Indian company. They're not in China. https://www.givson.com/contact-us.php

Comment

Originally posted by beaubrummels View Post

FWIW - they are an Indian company. They're not in China. https://www.givson.com/contact-us.php

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by 80's_Thrash_Metal View Post
                "Toon wood"! Omg I'm never gonna stop using that!

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20220114-212303.png
Views:	159
Size:	175.7 KB
ID:	6143730
                This is pure Engrish Gord. (Engrish Gold)

Comment

Yep, it's all in the toonwood.
                  "You should know better by now than to introduce science into a discussion of voodoo."

Comment

Do they have black mambas in India?
                    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
                      Do they have black mambas in India?
                      They do now!!!

Comment

That Black Mamba is interesting...It has 1 (ONE) "humbucking pickups". https://www.givson.com/product-details?id=70

Also interesting is that the description of this item refers to it as a "Spanish Guitar"
                        Originally Posted by IanBallard
                        Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

Also interesting is that the description of this item refers to it as a "Spanish Guitar"
                          Well, the original Gibson ES comes from Electric Spanish so it's natural that Givson also uses those terms

Comment

I am happy they put the registered trademark symbol on there, so, you know, no one copies them.
                            Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
                              I am happy they put the registered trademark symbol on there, so, you know, no one copies them.
                              Hahahaha

Comment

Originally posted by Blille View Post

Well, the original Gibson ES comes from Electric Spanish so it's natural that Givson also uses those terms
                                Yes, but the first ES's were thick hollow bodies which had some similarity to Spanish guitars AND were also electric. These are thin solid body electrics with NO similarity to Spanish guitars. And they have one humbucker which is also two humbuckers.

I agree with Mincer, these should be trademarked so nobody copies them!
                                Originally Posted by IanBallard
                                Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

Working...
                                X