X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Givson

One showed up in my local CG.

From their website:

"It is not a jump. Just many small footsteps have behind this. It was the dream of Late Santi Biswas who was the one and only man who had carry the flag with confidence till death. Starting from 1980 we have made many thousands of guitar for every guitar lovers, musicians and trainee. As this way we reach as the goal.

Now a days, many other products are to be compared with us. But not they are very competitor of GIVSON."

You can't make this up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

That's pretty piss-poor Engrish.

Comment

Wow. Just wow. No Res Paul?

Comment

What in sweet hell is this?

Comment

"You should know better by now than to introduce science into a discussion of voodoo."

Comment

Well, they are located in the city of Dum Dum. (I didn't make that up.)

I want one just for the kitsch factor.

Comment

Look at the quality of the work of the one on CL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

My thought is that Late Santi Biswas's heirs are gonna get a certified letter soon.
                Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

So typically the Chinese-English. You'd think that if a Chinese company got big enough to be exporting many guitars (or any product for that matter) they could hire someone that knew how to speak proper English (not all the employees...just ONE person in marketing needs to know English).

I'm not opposed to buying products from China. I'm not a "made-in-America" cork sniffer. Probably most of the products I buy are made in China. I just think it's extremely poor marketing to advertise and sell to an American market without being able to speak the language.
                  Originally Posted by IanBallard
                  Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

You 'merican dollars, use 'merican words!

Comment

I wanna a "Getsom" brand not a "Givson" brand
                      “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

You know, I givson, givson, givson... and they just take, take, take all my moneyzzz...

Comment

Originally posted by Little Pigbacon

You took the words. Nothing against China or any other nation or culture. I wouldnt dream of trying to serve a market without the help of some native speakers or someone who was at least fluent in the language and culture. Maybe its difficult or expensive to do that sometimes?
                          Yet that's what a lot of American companies do all the time. Love your new avatar pic, very "ŕ propos".

Comment

I thought this bass with its two jazz pickups and reverse staggered p-bass pickups was especially putrid. https://www.givson.com/product-details?id=88

Comment

Originally posted by idsnowdog View Post
                              I thought this bass with its two jazz pickups and reverse staggered p-bass pickups was especially putrid. https://www.givson.com/product-details?id=88
                              That's what happens when you design basses copy pasting in photoshop. "let me paste another pickup there. Maybe another switch too. Another one."

Comment

Working...
                              X