Finally got a pickup booster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally got a pickup booster

bout time darn it! Sorry, I did not even try it in the music store, and no review yet.. just bought it.. gotta hear it with my own rig. It's heavy for such a little buggar.. I like that.

This weekend I will check it out with my tele, les paul and plexi.
    Clips soon of course
    My Duncan demos and songs

Re: Finally got a pickup booster

Aw great....I hope it will treat you well man

Comment

nice nice!

got to get an a/b review with it on and with it off! lol

enjoy your new toy!
      esp ltd deluxe ec-1000 (amber sunburst)
      fender mim standard strat
      peavey classic 30
      johnson j-station
      original ibanez ts-9 (not in use)
      dunlop crybaby (sometimes in use)
      yamaha f-310p acoustic
      taylor 410 acoustic
      "This ain't no ballet-we want people to listen with their eyes closed,to just let the music come inside them and forget their wordly cares..." Duane Allman
      "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." - Dr. Suess

Comment

The Seymour people have never let me down .. gonna rock

Comment

I live the grit running the PB just before my dunacomp then right into the front of the amp.

Comment

After messing around with this thing for a while, I like it with my Les Paul and my tele both. It really shines with the tele.
            It's great as a clean boost for both guitars. I am also getting a nice gritty overdrive tone when I play the Les Paul through it and push the front end of the plexi.
            With the tele, I like the #1 setting for changing the resonant frequency. The #2 setting is cool too, but it seems more like a special effect with my rig. It might be more suitable for a thinner sounding pickup. I have a BG-1400 and it is not as sharp or bright as most tele pickups. It's weird! I am getting low output humbucker tone from a tele! I have a strat pickup in my tele neck position. This booster, on the #1 setting makes the tele neck position sound even more like a strat neck Very cool indeed

With this unit, it's conceivable to have a tele or a strat as a backup for a Les Paul.. how cool is that?

Comment

I've actually thought that would be a neat learning tool...for learning what various changes in resonant frequency sound like...sounds great Stevo!
              Originally posted by Pink Unicorn Horsey
              Dumbness on massive idiocy with the stupid dumb-dumbnity of ridiculous WTFation in the dumbass of you-idiot.
              Originally posted by Sosomething
              "How do I improve the tone of my ThrasherKidzz-O-Blaster combo??"

The answer is always "burn it, dumbass."

Comment

Originally posted by Stevo
                With this unit, it's conceivable to have a tele or a strat as a backup for a Les Paul.. how cool is that?

hehe, jimmy page did,,,,

lol

glad you are enjoying your toy!
                esp ltd deluxe ec-1000 (amber sunburst)
                fender mim standard strat
                peavey classic 30
                johnson j-station
                original ibanez ts-9 (not in use)
                dunlop crybaby (sometimes in use)
                yamaha f-310p acoustic
                taylor 410 acoustic
                "This ain't no ballet-we want people to listen with their eyes closed,to just let the music come inside them and forget their wordly cares..." Duane Allman
                "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." - Dr. Suess

Comment

Originally posted by korovamilkdud
                  I've actually thought that would be a neat learning tool...for learning what various changes in resonant frequency sound like...sounds great Stevo!
                  It's a little weird because my tele bridge can sound more like my Les Paul's Seth lover bridge now, but the sustain is not quite there with the different guitar.
                  Now that I have been playing a Les Paul for a while (which weighs a half ton ) I am spoiled by the sustain.

Comment

Originally posted by xerxes
                    hehe, jimmy page did,,,,
                    heh, I am talking about a lower budget level lol.. instead of bringing 2 Les Pauls and 2 teles to a gig I can just bring one of each

Comment

Sounds good Stevo. I'm thinking of a pedal to boost my Strats lead tone without too much gain and this SD pedal sounds like the ticket. I just noticed you have your old handle back too, I have'nt been here much since practicing and gigging, good to see your old name again bro...hehe

Gibson KS 336, LP Standard, Special and Customs
                      Bogner, Orange, Tech 21 and Fender amps
                      Celestion speakers
                      Duncan, Bare Knuckle, WCR and Gibson pups
                      Too many pedals....

Comment

Working...
                      X