Ibanez artcore as73g pickups?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ibanez artcore as73g pickups?

I am thinking about replacing the pups in my Ibanez semi hollow. I am looking at a sh-14 custom in the bridge and a 59 in the neck. I do hear the sh-14 custom is a bit darker sounding (mid) compared to a 59 in the bridge which sounds more overly bright to me.59 in the neck sounds great though.Does anyone here have the ( custom bridge/ 59 neck) combination in a semi hollow guitar? I play between a Alex Lifeson semi hollow sound to a harder rock/metal/ jazz/fusion feel. Looking for a great 335 sound on all levels. I am open ears on this folks and thank you. ; )

The Custom is a scooped pickup with lots of bass and treble, and a lot of output. It is about the same EQ as a 59, but twice as loud. If you want a darker pickup, go for a Custom Custom.
    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Semi hollow, WLH set. Or original APH-1. The first if you want more treble.

Sent from my SM-A115A using Tapatalk

Comment

My as73g sounds a bit middy unplugged.

I was seriously considering scooped mids type pickups for it to balance it out.

Comment

Originally posted by Juanhanglo View Post

This is the right approach.
          Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Would you consider this set up:
            Neck: 59 neck
            Bridge: Jazz bridge

Last year, I bought an Eastman version of the ES-339, and it came from the factory with this set up, and it is a winner combination for me.

How about a Screaming Demon in the bridge and a Jazz bridge in the neck?

That is not dead which can eternal lie,
            And with strange aeons even death may die.

Comment

Originally posted by Juanhanglo View Post

I have a set of hb sized p90s in mine. They sound good. I believe they have a2 mags. I might want to play around with mag swapping, though they sound pretty good as is.

Comment

Working...
              X