FR Tren Block fyi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FR Tren Block fyi

Had to replace the saddles on a FRS so orderd a steel set vs the pit metal junk that came on it. Figured, while I was at it, Id swap out the cheap trem block for a FR brass block as well.

Got the parts in yesterday, sat down this morn to install everything and sumbiotch, the new trem block os about a 1/16th of an inch wider at the mounting screws than the FRS shims. The two parts are off just enough the 3 miunting screws will not go thru the FRS body/shim and into the block.

Ended up putting the original block back on along with the new saddles, which are also just a hair taller than the ones I took off.

Oh well, at least its playable now

1994 Ibanez IC500 Iceman reissue
    Jackson Soloist 7 string
    ESP LTD M-400
    Original Marshall Silver Jubilee 2553

Wow, never encountered sg like that despite being a compulsive block swapper... Last time I put a block that was custom made for a no-name FR Pro copy on a FRS and it was a perfect fit... Could it be that it is a lemon and out of spec?

Comment

I mean, I gues it could. I could prob open the holes on the shims and body w a dremel if I really wanna dig back into.

I put the two blocks side by side and albeit small, you could see a slight difference in hole placement.

May reach out to the vendor and seebif they have encountered that before
      Jackson Soloist 7 string
      ESP LTD M-400

Comment

Called MF today about the Floyd block. They ended up refunding me the $20 for it and told me to keep it. Would probably cost more to send it back and them send me a new one.
        Jackson Soloist 7 string
        ESP LTD M-400

Comment

Any issues replacing the saddles with (I’m assuming) OFR saddles?
          I have a guitar with a FR Special and although so far so good, I’m already thinking ahead to when the saddles will need to be replaced.

Comment

No issues at all. Id have to look but the FR saddles may have been a hair taller based on looseming the saddle screws, slidong out the old ones and sliding the new ones in.

Got the new saddles on, neck adjusted, intonated and off to the races with it.
            Jackson Soloist 7 string
            ESP LTD M-400

Comment

Originally posted by Hsb View Post
              No issues at all. Id have to look but the FR saddles may have been a hair taller based on looseming the saddle screws, slidong out the old ones and sliding the new ones in.

Got the new saddles on, neck adjusted, intonated and off to the races with it.
              Good to know, thanks!

Comment

Welcome sir. They were super easy to install by the way
                Jackson Soloist 7 string
                ESP LTD M-400

Comment

Originally posted by Hsb View Post
                  Called MF today about the Floyd block. They ended up refunding me the $20 for it and told me to keep it. Would probably cost more to send it back and them send me a new one.
                  So you're free to mod it to fit. I'd might try to if it fits another unit (if you have one). If it doesn't fit an OFR or 1000 series either, than that would make it sure that it's a lemon. A free lemon.

Comment

Id have to mod the bodyband shim of the FRS to make it fit, but should I get another guitar w a Floyd on it, Inhave a spare block or if I get adventerous to mod the shim and body Ill have the block hamdy.
                    Jackson Soloist 7 string
                    ESP LTD M-400

Comment

Working...
                    X