banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone ever take a drill to their Les Paul?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 80's_Thrash_Metal View Post

If you look at it like it's just a plain old 2x4 it takes a lot of the stress off....
    I am just honest about what I am comfortable doing.
    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

This was the most stressed out I will get today.
      “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

80s Thrash Metal treating his Gibson like it's an Epiphone lol
        "It is easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled" - Mark Twain

Comment

Impressive!

Comment

I will say, I think it's fine to use a hand drill for Guitar mods at home, but when I'm in a professional luthier shop and they don't have a drill press and guitar jig -I'm dubious of them.
            “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

Originally posted by ErikH View Post

That's good. I was surprised the Grovers weighed what they did. While smooth operating, the issues I had with them were a no-go. I doubt I'll change the tuners on my Dean ML (Grover non-locking) but if I do, the Gotoh's might be an option. I don't really play it enough to justify the change though.
              I recently swapped the Grover Rotomatics on my Guild acoustic for Gotoh SG301s and I wish I'd done it 20 years ago. The Gotohs weigh a decent amount less, and have none of the slop I've come to expect from most Grovers these days. Re-stringing afterward was the first time I've ever tuned that guitar without cursing at it.
              Originally posted by crusty philtrum
              And that's probably because most people with electric guitars seem more interested in their own performance rather than the effect on the listener ... in fact i don't think many people who own electric guitars even give a poop about the effect on a listener. Which is why many people play electric guitars but very very few of them are actually musicians.

Comment

Originally posted by 80's_Thrash_Metal View Post

If you look at it like it's just a plain old 2x4 it takes a lot of the stress off....
                That's about right, with lumber prices these days 2x4s go for $1,500 - $2,500

Comment

Originally posted by Securb View Post

That's about right, with lumber prices these days 2x4s go for $1,500 - $2,500
                  Ha ha right! I priced a 1/2" 4x8 sheet of OSB today at over $70!!!
                  https://open.spotify.com/artist/7e2g...TLy6SQH5nk44wA

Comment

Working...
                  X