Jerry Cantrell Epiphone Guitars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jerry Cantrell Epiphone Guitars

I know they were rumours a few months back, but I had no clue there will be two models...

Click image for larger version

Name:	fyRAfaKJjGldHSc6JiL-9hWNG-RqLKH17txHgWWBWZI.jpg
Views:	471
Size:	51.4 KB
ID:	6167767

The price for the Wino seems a bit steep if those are Epiphone pickups. Not that there's anything wrong in Epi pickups, but for a signature at that price I would expect higher end pickups in it.

Comment

I'm not bagging on Epiphone, but I wouldn't pay that much for one unless it was from the 1960s. Cool guitars, nonetheless.

Comment

Too high priced for an Epi for my taste, but that's what you get with signature models (the sig name tacs on another 25-50%).
        Originally Posted by IanBallard
        Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

CHF = Swiss Franc - correct? Any idea if those prices are retail or MAP?

I miss the 80's (girls) !!!

Seymour Duncans currently in use - In Les Pauls: Custom(b)/Jazz(n), Distortion(b)/Jazz(n), '59(b)/'59(n) w/A4 mag, P-Rails(b)/P-Rails(n); In a Bullet S-3: P-Rails(b)/stock/Vintage Stack Tele(n); In a Dot: Seth Lover(b)/Seth Lover(n); In a Del Mar: Mag Mic; In a Lead II: Custom Shop Fender X-1(b)

Comment

$1152.90 and $1,456.85 U.S. dollars.

Comment

That does seem steep. Especially if it is MAP.

Maybe if one could hold it's own against my Elitist OR I was a huge Jerry fan, but a no for today.

Seymour Duncans currently in use - In Les Pauls: Custom(b)/Jazz(n), Distortion(b)/Jazz(n), '59(b)/'59(n) w/A4 mag, P-Rails(b)/P-Rails(n); In a Bullet S-3: P-Rails(b)/stock/Vintage Stack Tele(n); In a Dot: Seth Lover(b)/Seth Lover(n); In a Del Mar: Mag Mic; In a Lead II: Custom Shop Fender X-1(b)

Comment

Originally posted by JOLLY View Post
                I'm not bagging on Epiphone, but I wouldn't pay that much for one unless it was from the 1960s. Cool guitars, nonetheless.
                Yeah I wouldn't pay that much for an Epiphone, either. I prefer the G&L Cantrell signature models from a few years ago. Both were cheaper when released. The Super Hawk was $550 and the Rampage was $750. G&L should had kept making them. I passed on a Rampage when released and now both guitars go for much more used.

Name:	JC1_IVY_E-front-1200.png
Views:	371
Size:	113.6 KB
ID:	6167973 Click image for larger version

Name:	TI_JC2D_BLB_E-front-1200.png
Views:	369
Size:	120.6 KB
ID:	6167974

Comment

I'd love to have the Wino, if they end up having a sane street price.
                  "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough" -Mario Andretti

"Cuz we both know I'm just a lost cause, a wannabe poet with a cheap guitar, begging for applause"

Comment

Maybe the listing/prices are really the Gibson version and they accidentally put the Epiphone photos in?

Comment

Originally posted by UnderTheFlame83 View Post

Yeah I wouldn't pay that much for an Epiphone, either. I prefer the G&L Cantrell signature models from a few years ago. Both were cheaper when released. The Super Hawk was $550 and the Rampage was $750. G&L should had kept making them. I passed on a Rampage when released and now both guitars go for much more used.

Name:	JC1_IVY_E-front-1200.png
Views:	371
Size:	113.6 KB
ID:	6167973 Click image for larger version

Name:	TI_JC2D_BLB_E-front-1200.png
Views:	369
Size:	120.6 KB
ID:	6167974
                      I have been kicking myself for not grabbing a Rampage a couple years ago when they were still $600 on reverb. I've been keeping an eye on reverb and saw a black one pop up last week listed for $1700! It supposedly sold, but I can't believe someone would pay that for an import Tribute series G&L:

2010 G&L Tribute Rampage with original gig bag. MIC model with black nickel hardware. 13 3/4" radius on an ebony fretboard, with a 1 3/4" nut width. Kahler vibrato with Floyd Rose style nut. Maple neck with some figuring and a matte finish. Maple body in gloss black with matching headstock.Co...

There's another on there listed for $1000 and it's project guitar. Unbelievable.

I'm a pretty big Cantrell fan, but I'm not really interested in the Wino LP. When I think of him playing a Les Paul Custom it's the cigarette burns custom, the blue transparent one, or the black one. It seems like an odd choice, but maybe it's Jerry's favorite. The Prophecy LP looks like a cool LP they just stuck his name on. I've never came across him playing Fishmans. Just seems odd.
                      "An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way. " - Bukowski

"A banker will take a guitar and play three notes on it. A rock star will take a guitar and throw it across the room. " - David Lee Roth

Comment

Originally posted by Cdwillis View Post

I have been kicking myself for not grabbing a Rampage a couple years ago when they were still $600 on reverb. I've been keeping an eye on reverb and saw a black one pop up last week listed for $1700! It supposedly sold, but I can't believe someone would pay that for an import Tribute series G&L:

2010 G&L Tribute Rampage with original gig bag. MIC model with black nickel hardware. 13 3/4" radius on an ebony fretboard, with a 1 3/4" nut width. Kahler vibrato with Floyd Rose style nut. Maple neck with some figuring and a matte finish. Maple body in gloss black with matching headstock.Co...

There's another on there listed for $1000 and it's project guitar. Unbelievable.

I'm a pretty big Cantrell fan, but I'm not really interested in the Wino LP. When I think of him playing a Les Paul Custom it's the cigarette burns custom, the blue transparent one, or the black one. It seems like an odd choice, but maybe it's Jerry's favorite. The Prophecy LP looks like a cool LP they just stuck his name on. I've never came across him playing Fishmans. Just seems odd.
                        Yes I remember when the Rampages was $600 on Reverb. I remember seeing the Superhawk for like $400 once... Now, the Rampage is well over a $1000 used and the Superhawk $800, or more. Hopefully G&L will release these models once again. I want to someday get my hands on both.

It is weird seeing the Fishmans on the white Les Paul and Jerry don't even use them. Should had just put a JB/59 in it instead...

Comment

If you want that Alice sound and look I think the Kramer Baretta Specials are your best bet, and they're cheap. Even stock these are excellent for that Cantrell tone. With a little work these guitars can look the same, except for the headstock shape. My Vintage White will eventually have that cream look as it ages. I'm replacing all the hardware black on the white one. No G&L Rampage but close...

Name:	20220414_131104.jpg
Views:	342
Size:	23.7 KB
ID:	6168076 Click image for larger version

Name:	20220323_225845.jpg
Views:	334
Size:	29.7 KB
ID:	6168077

Comment

The 2 Les Pauls just crossed my news feed. Looks like in the US the MAP is $849 for the Wino, and $1149 for the Prophecy.

Comment

$849. To me that's still way too expensive for an Epiphone, but it's a lot better than what I thought they were going to cost.

https://www.guitarworld.com/news/epi...ture-les-pauls
                              Last edited by JOLLY; 05-03-2022, 06:00 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X