Jerry Cantrell Epiphone Guitars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Little Pigbacon
    I have a hard time getting excited about Epis in that price range. Maybe if they had some hollows to compete with Ibanez.
    Agreed, I was mostly passing it along. That is in the ballpark of other Epi Signature LP's today. I think that is probably how they are arriving at the price.

Still, it is also about what my Elitist LP Custom sold for new. Now that was 16 years ago, but we already know how I like to live in the past.

I miss the 80's (girls) !!!

Seymour Duncans currently in use - In Les Pauls: Custom(b)/Jazz(n), Distortion(b)/Jazz(n), '59(b)/'59(n) w/A4 mag, P-Rails(b)/P-Rails(n); In a Bullet S-3: P-Rails(b)/stock/Vintage Stack Tele(n); In a Dot: Seth Lover(b)/Seth Lover(n); In a Del Mar: Mag Mic; In a Lead II: Custom Shop Fender X-1(b)

Comment

I am glad you posted about them. They are probably nice guitars. It reminded me of a recurring thought I have been having lately.
      I am kind of impressed that I remembered this topic, when they crossed my news feed.

Seymour Duncans currently in use - In Les Pauls: Custom(b)/Jazz(n), Distortion(b)/Jazz(n), '59(b)/'59(n) w/A4 mag, P-Rails(b)/P-Rails(n); In a Bullet S-3: P-Rails(b)/stock/Vintage Stack Tele(n); In a Dot: Seth Lover(b)/Seth Lover(n); In a Del Mar: Mag Mic; In a Lead II: Custom Shop Fender X-1(b)

Comment

Looks like AMS already has the Cantrel Prophecy in stock. Figured the Wino would be available first. The price on the Wino isn't as bad as I thought, but still expensive for a Epi. Comes with case, so that's a plus. Would cost the same as buying the Epi Custom with a case separately. I used to have the white inspired by Gibson Custom Les Paul and would say I did enjoy it, but it had some serious factory flaws around the binding I didn't expect to see at that price point. Very good sounding guitar, just about $300 over priced in my opinion. Epiphone probably should had priced the Wino with case at $599, no more. I would get one then.

Comment

^ How do you figure on getting a new Epi Les Paul with a hardshell case for $599?
          I did before. But that was in 2014. Wishful thinking these days I guess...

Comment

The 1960 Tribute Plus with Gibson 57 Classics and case was $599 new. Best Epi Les Paul besides the Elitist ever. Yep, should had kept it. I had the Vintage Sunburst...
            Click image for larger version

Name:	color-1.jpg
Views:	198
Size:	101.4 KB
ID:	6170592

Comment

It looks like Epi Worn Classics MAP starts at $450, Studios at $500, Classics at $550, Standards at $650 and Customs at $730. None of those have cases.

I picked up a Classic and a Standard in the mid to late 90's. Both had cases. I think they were around $400 and $450 respectively. The pickups were not worth keeping, all SD now - so there is that.

Maybe this is just where prices are these days? But hey, if none of them sell them prices should come down, or they will get bundled with cases, or something.

I will just be happy that the Epi's I already have, play, and sound nice.

Comment

Funny how the last 2 years every time i see a new sig Epi guitar its like $300+ higher than the last sig Epi i saw.
                What are we like $1500 for Chinese Epiphones now ?
                I can have a real Gibson for the $800 to $1300 range if you know where to look.
                And would way rather have a 70's to 90's Japan Tokai / Greco or Orville.

Comment

Good-looking guitars, but to echo the chorus, the price points are a bit steep. I don't generally go in for artist models, though. I feel like I'm paying extra just to have X's name on the headstock or whatever.

I did enjoy the last Alice in Chains album, though.

Comment

I only paid 800 for my epi Lzzy Hale model, then I dropped another 3 bills into pickups and blacking it out.

It's the best guitar I own, and in my opinion, worth every cent.
                    https://open.spotify.com/artist/7e2g...TLy6SQH5nk44wA

Comment

Originally posted by 80's_Thrash_Metal View Post
                      I only paid 800 for my epi Lzzy Hale model, then I dropped another 3 bills into pickups and blacking it out.

It's the best guitar I own, and in my opinion, worth every cent.
                      Let’s see it!
                      Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Originally posted by PFDarkside View Post

Let’s see it!
                        Here ya go.

Name:	IMG_20201124_212423450~2_compress94_102035.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	125.4 KB
ID:	6173298
                        https://open.spotify.com/artist/7e2g...TLy6SQH5nk44wA

Comment

Originally posted by 80's_Thrash_Metal View Post

Here ya go.

Name:	IMG_20201124_212423450~2_compress94_102035.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	125.4 KB
ID:	6173298
                          Nice!
                          Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Originally posted by JamesPaul View Post
                            It looks like Epi Worn Classics MAP starts at $450, Studios at $500, Classics at $550, Standards at $650 and Customs at $730. None of those have cases.
                            Those prices aren't really out of line compared to most other established brand imported guitars. I'm old enough to remember Gibson Studios being around $500 new, but an LTD EC256 is $599 now and an EC1000 is $1099. This is where we are now.

Comment

Working...
                            X