Scored another Greco LPC.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
    What were the original pickups in these guitars like?
    Low output, earliest versions of PAF clones. 7.7kish, alnico-whatever-they-had-laying around lol

I think Grecos had Dry-Zs as their top-tier PAF clone. Burny had VH-1s, and Ibanez had Super 70s, then Super 58s.
    Last edited by formula73; 04-28-2022, 02:21 AM.

Comment

^^ Yes, though I think Dry-Z was a couple of years after the op's guitar, intended for the 'as close as possible' Burst renditions. In the 70s, Greco had the U series humbuckers (U1000-4000), many of which were indeed PAFish and predecessors of the Dry-Z and others.
      Originally posted by dominus
      Your rant would sound better with an A8 magnet, it'll beef it up some without sacrificing some of the whine.

Comment

Originally posted by Ashurbanipal View Post
        ^^ Yes, though I think Dry-Z was a couple of years after the op's guitar, intended for the 'as close as possible' Burst renditions. In the 70s, Greco had the U series humbuckers (U1000-4000), many of which were indeed PAFish and predecessors of the Dry-Z and others.
        Yep, and they were all made by Maxxon and overall, really similar aside from magnets.

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
          What were the original pickups in these guitars like?
          My 1976 Greco has Japan Maxon pups which are A-8 magnets the same pickups that was in EVH's Ibanez Shark guitar. They are outstanding.

Comment

Nice ride!
            The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.

Comment

Nice score, sweet looking LP!

Looks like all your amps just got out of the shower, not sure how comfortable I am with these locker room shots.

Comment

Originally posted by devastone View Post
                Nice score, sweet looking LP!

Looks like all your amps just got out of the shower, not sure how comfortable I am with these locker room shots.
                3 cats in da house trying to minimize cat hair infestation. The cats are definitely worth it for us but the hair gets everywhere no matter what.

Comment

Originally posted by JMP/HBE View Post

3 cats in da house trying to minimize cat hair infestation. The cats are definitely worth it for us but the hair gets everywhere no matter what.
                  I am with you on that. We have 3 cats as well. Had golden/lab for 13/14 years too and she shed like crazy. It's definitely lighter with just the 3 cats and 2 of them really shed. The youngest one not a lot. But yeah, I get it.

And that is a sweet Greco. Looks like those DiMarzios are old PAF's. I love the old design before they changed to the 36th Anniversary.

Comment

Originally posted by JMP/HBE View Post

My 1976 Greco has Japan Maxon pups which are A-8 magnets the same pickups that was in EVH's Ibanez Shark guitar. They are outstanding.
                    That they are. I have a set of crusty old Super 70s that I stuck in a Dean Z and they’re staying.

Comment

Sweet score! I’m more than a little envious!
                      Congrats!!

Comment

Thanks to all !

Comment

You need to get a talkbox, Pete.

Comment

Originally posted by Securb View Post
                            You need to get a talkbox, Pete.
                            ...and a HiWatt stack!!
                            Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Nice score. Those old Grecos are great guitars. I've got a '77 Greco LPC with the Duncan Mayhem set.
                              "You should know better by now than to introduce science into a discussion of voodoo."

Comment

Very nice score. I bet it plays good. If I had that axe I'd put Black Winters in just cause

Comment

Working...
                                X