Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Securb View Post
    You need to get a talkbox, Pete.
    Have had one for years. Not a Heil but works great w/a vocal mic.

Comment

New bridge. A bridge is such an important part of a guitar especially a Les Paul.
      This is like the 3rd Wilkinson ABR-1 bridge ive bought they're outstanding for the money. under $30 bucks.

Comment

That guitar is 10x hot. So many ways to take that one. 3 white rings for full-Frampton. Or gold covers for Richards. Maybe black switch tip for Page's one-that-got-away. Or could go gold switch, gold top hats, maybe even gold rings for a totally custom class act. Gold pickguard. (Maybe that ain't you, but yeah I like gold)

Comment

Makes me want to take the covers off my HHH Les Paul. The 6 coils in a row look so cool almost steampunk.

Comment

New Wilkinson neck pup is installed. For $18 bucks gotta say pretty decent.
            Wish there were parts like these in da 80's cuz there was not much around.

Comment

Can you compare the new pickup to the old one?
              Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
                Can you compare the new pickup to the old one?
                The old 70's DiMarzio had this huge bottom end that was just not workable. And there was no way to brighten it up or reduce the bottom. It did have a nice fuzzy kind of distortion thing going on but just wasn't a good fit for me.
                The Wilkinson has a better dynamic range and can get a sweet woman tone going when rolled off the tone knob.
                Will likely replace the Wilkinson at some point w/a SD Alnico Pro II or a SH-1 59'.

Comment

Originally posted by JMP/HBE View Post

New bridge. A bridge is such an important part of a guitar especially a Les Paul.
                  This is like the 3rd Wilkinson ABR-1 bridge ive bought they're outstanding for the money. under $30 bucks.
                  I got a Wilkinson roller bridge and Schaller tailpiece with fine tuners for my 2007 Epiphone LPC, 1974 Gibson LPC and my 1971 Gibson Medallion Series Flying V.

Wilkinson makes some quality after market hardware.

Comment

Originally posted by maug2122 View Post

I got a Wilkinson roller bridge and Schaller tailpiece with fine tuners for my 2007 Epiphone LPC, 1974 Gibson LPC and my 1971 Gibson Medallion Series Flying V.

Wilkinson makes some quality after market hardware.
                    Absolutely they do and at a very working man's price.

Comment

Went to the park today.

Comment

Working...
                      X