Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Obsessive Compulsive
    replied
    Gibson should team up with Fender to run over Tokai. That company has been making exact copies for under a thousand a piece.

Gesendet von meinem ASUS_X00RD mit Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• ICTGoober
    replied
    EXACTLY? So there were plenty of dirty sheets and crying? Don't think so. Don't think you're clever, either.

Leave a comment:

• JOLLY
    replied
    This trial is exactly like the Johnny Depp/ Amber Heard trial. None of it affects me, and I don't give a f#ck about any of it. My life will continue on just the same as always.

Leave a comment:

• Mincer
    replied
    Originally posted by ICTGoober View Post
    If Dean is smart, they will simply change the body shape / profile and drive on. I haven't seen Gibson trying to sue Schecter for their E series, which is essentially an Explorer.
    I am sure this is exactly what will happen. But re-designs are an expensive cost for companies like Dean.

Leave a comment:

• ICTGoober
    replied
    If Dean is smart, they will simply change the body shape / profile and drive on. I haven't seen Gibson trying to sue Schecter for their E series, which is essentially an Explorer.

Leave a comment:

• Mincer
    replied
    Originally posted by piblock View Post
    I'm not clear on this - Does Dean have to stop making these guitars? Are they just looking at more $4000 judgment, if they continue producing the guitars, are they now liable for much larger verdicts, or is done now that this lawsuit is settled? Are there any attorneys who can weigh in here?
    That's what's unclear. Most likely an injunction will be made, and they will have to stop (at least in the US).

Leave a comment:

• piblock
    replied
    I'm not clear on this - Does Dean have to stop making these guitars? Are they just looking at more $4000 judgment, if they continue producing the guitars, are they now liable for much larger verdicts, or is done now that this lawsuit is settled? Are there any attorneys who can weigh in here?

Leave a comment:

• NegativeEase
    replied
    Originally posted by GuitarStv View Post

That's terrible enough that I'd expect to see it on the Joe Bonamassa website.
    Um, I bet it is.

Leave a comment:

• Mincer
    replied
    Originally posted by ThreeChordWonder View Post
    In the light of the poor reporting and contradictory statements of victory by the attorneys for both sides ("well, he got the chair for murder but I got him off the over 2 ounces of weed charge, and thats a victory" kind of thing), could somebody actually spell out in simple terms who won and lost what?
    Yeah, we won't know. Right now, Dean was fined some money, not a lot, but it might have far-reaching effects on the design of their future guitars, or what current guitars they offer for sale that infringe on the trademarks. Gibson is seen as a bully by many...a goliath that once again proves all they care about is crushing smaller brands. This suit doesn't affect me either way, so I'll wait and see.

Leave a comment:

• beaubrummels
    replied
    Originally posted by Securb View Post
    On the subject of Gibson and Fender being lifestyle companies I just got an email from Fender announcing their partnership with Wrangler Jeans. Every day these companies move further and further away from music.

Dat be Bonnaclassy, but not priced high enough to be Blues Titanic

Leave a comment:

• GuitarStv
    replied
    On the subject of Gibson and Fender being lifestyle companies I just got an email from Fender announcing their partnership with Wrangler Jeans. Every day these companies move further and further away from music.

That's terrible enough that I'd expect to see it on the Joe Bonamassa website.

Leave a comment:

• nexion218
    replied
    Originally posted by ThreeChordWonder View Post
    In the light of the poor reporting and contradictory statements of victory by the attorneys for both sides ("well, he got the chair for murder but I got him off the over 2 ounces of weed charge, and thats a victory" kind of thing), could somebody actually spell out in simple terms who won and lost what?
    As I understood it, Gibson did win as per the court's ruling, but not as much as they would've wanted. They were reprimanded for being way too late with their claims and then were awarded 4k USD per "counterfeited" model type. Gibson claims they "defended the heritage for the brand for the benefit of the musicians". Dean calls it victory b/c they got away from big mean Gibby and only have to pay peanuts to them.

In the eyes of the people I'm pretty sure Gibson lost cause they corroborated their (percieved or real) image of the big mean guy who instead of coming up with a great new design after 70 or so yrs or fixing broken headstocks goes after the small guys with lawyers.

Leave a comment:

• Aceman
    replied

Reminds me of the Heard/Depp trial. Both sides claim victory but at the end of it all the only thing we know is someone pooped on the bed.
    Gibson being Amber Heard...

Leave a comment:

• Securb
    replied

Leave a comment:

• ThreeChordWonder
    replied

Reminds me of the Heard/Depp trial. Both sides claim victory but at the end of it all the only thing we know is someone pooped on the bed.
    And that the attorneys walked away with 35%.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X