Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ThreeChordWonder View Post

You do know who owns Epiphone, right?
    The idea that Epiphone "stays in tune better than a Gibson" statement really neuters any point he was trying to make-

internet bombast and hyperbole at that point.

If he said my 71 Gibson with Klusons doesn't stay in tune as well as my 2020 Epiphone with Grovers or Gotohs -I would get that... but apples to apples its a non sensical statement.
    Last edited by NegativeEase; 05-16-2022, 05:47 AM.
    “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

Originally posted by Securb View Post

Anyone thinking about buying a Chibson Les Paul should just buy an IVY
      "IYV"
      Originally Posted by IanBallard
      Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

Originally posted by ThreeChordWonder View Post

You do know who owns Epiphone, right?
        Yes I do .... Gibson owns Epiphone.

Comment

I'm watching YouTube of a Gibson factory tour.

Apparently there are RFIDs between the fingerboards and the necks that Gibson uses for factory tracking.

Comment

When I toured the Memphis factory, at the time, I was amazed at how few human hands touched the guitars. Every process from wiring to paint was done very very fast, with a lot of robots doing the in-between.
            Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
              When I toured the Memphis factory, at the time, I was amazed at how few human hands touched the guitars. Every process from wiring to paint was done very very fast, with a lot of robots doing the in-between.
              Too Soon Mince,......Those robots lost their job dude....
              “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

Originally posted by NegativeEase View Post

Too Soon Mince,......Those robots lost their job dude....
                Nah, they just moved across the country and are back at work.

Comment

Idk, if you want a nice Gibson style guitar that's not an actual Gibson, get a Navigator. Yes, they're meant only for the Japanese market (hence their use of original headstock) but there's ways of getting them over the big blue sea, just like with Tokais, Burnys etc. There's plenty of options these days if you don't care about the name on the headstock.
                  Originally posted by dominus
                  Your rant would sound better with an A8 magnet, it'll beef it up some without sacrificing some of the whine.

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post

Nah, they just moved across the country and are back at work.
                    Gibson are slave drivers.... they make the Robots work in the dark I heard.

Comment

• Originally posted by NegativeEase View Post

Gibson are slave drivers.... they make the Robots work in the dark I heard.
                      Well . . . I mean . . . the word 'robot' comes from Czech (rabota) and originally meant forced labour.So they're really just being traditionalist.
                      Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
                      This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

• Yeah- Fender haven't done this, wiith the strat and tele shape?!! :O

I think this is a stupid trial/case. What we need, is quality guitars and happiness!! nothing more, nothing less...

(thankfully, one can choose to buy a Gibson or not, right? )
                        If somethings important- send a PM. I might be offline for long periods. Rock on!!!

Comment

• If Fender could do this, they will. While they don't generally go after copies of body shapes, I'd bet they'd go after direct headstock copies.

Comment

• They haven't sent any cease and desist to Charvel, that I'm aware of.

Comment

• Don't they own Charvel?

Comment

• Originally posted by beaubrummels View Post
                                They haven't sent any cease and desist to Charvel, that I'm aware of.
                                Fmic owns charvel now, but I think in the 80s they did stop charvel and Kramer from using the fender headstock. That’s when both companies altered it slightly and it looked like a strat head with a chunk carved out of the circular “scroll” end.

Comment

Working...
                                X