• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, it looks pretty sweet so far!
    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
      Well, it looks pretty sweet so far!
      Definitely. The wiring already looks much nicer than how it was before.

Comment

Originally posted by Securb View Post
        Sorry for OT and redundancy, but damn, 1:22 and onwards is just rage-inducing rawness. BREAK STUFF!
        The biggest difference between Chet Atkins and Dimebag? Probably the beard...

Comment

With this photo posted to their Instagram, I guess it's done. Hopefully, now the photo shoot portion of guitar repair is completed, I will receive a call to pick this up by the end of the week.

Click image for larger version

Name:	16082022.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	47.5 KB
ID:	6190821
          I just hope it sounds as good as it looks.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucius Paisley View Post

Name:	16082022.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	47.5 KB
ID:	6190821
            Hefty lefty lookin' real fine

Comment

Originally posted by DCikes88 View Post

Hefty lefty lookin' real fine
              The more I look at it, the more it appeals to me. A subtle mix (okay, the giant SEYMOUR DUNCAN brands on the pickups aren't that subtle) of modern and classic. I can definitely see myself picking this up more often than before.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucius Paisley View Post

The more I look at it, the more it appeals to me. A subtle mix (okay, the giant SEYMOUR DUNCAN brands on the pickups aren't that subtle) of modern and classic. I can definitely see myself picking this up more often than before.
                I understand completely. I'm very unstable regarding humbucker aesthetics. First I love the humongous SD print, then I want nickel covers with cream rings, then I hate the rings and want a direct mount.
                But, once you feel it in your hand and plug it in, suddenly it matters no more.

Comment

Wow, that came out great!

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
                    Wow, that came out great!
                    Possibly the neatest wiring I've ever seen.

Name:	16082022wiring.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	64.4 KB
ID:	6190870

Comment

Picked it up this afternoon, along with another bag of strings and a humidity control pack for the case, the whole cost was AU$165 / US$114.95. Much less than my initial estimate.

Effectively for the work, I paid for a full setup, $70 ($150 value according to their price list - restring, fret polish, intonation, set action, fretboard condition & clean, body and electronics clean), a complete rewiring, $60, and the cost of a bag of strings, $12.95 (Ernie Ball Regular Slinky). I guess maybe since I removed everything first they skipped installation costs for pickups and pots, which would have made the entire cost double.

Which more than makes up for the three weeks (and two days) waiting time.

Comment

That's a great price for a complete overhaul like that.

Comment

Working...
                        X