Gorgomyte

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gorgomyte

I just discovered it, and it did wonders for my rosewood fretboards and frets. I'm sitting here right now, admiring the shine. Too bad it's hard to source right now (and not cheap).

Anyone else use this stuff?

Been using it for years, great stuff. I don't find it hard to source, looks like GHS is selling to with their brand now too, but, you're right it isn't overly cheap.

Comment

Yeah, GHS is where I got it, which turned out to be okay since I needed some Fast-Fret, too. I just had to dig a bit to find a place where it wasn't out of stock. Wish I'd known about this years ago; it removed so much built-up crap that other cleaning solutions missed.

Comment

Tried it years ago, the odor made me want to barf.
        aka Chris Pile, formerly of Six String Fever

Comment

FU-Tone has it too, probably at a premium price, but that's where I heard about it years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by ICTGoober View Post
            The new version is drier and doesn't smell like the old stuff, I think it uses coconut oil now - http://www.gorgomyte.com/index.html (scroll down to the "Back by Popular Demand" section)

Comment

The "Miracle all-purpose polishing cloth" you can find on Ebay is pretty much the same thing and is less expensive. I bought a batch of those really cheap several years ago, and it works just as well as the gorgamyte.

Comment

Yeah, it works great -but you can buy bulk pack of jewelers polish cloths, some Naptha, and lemon oil and you will get identical results for 1/8th the money.

But Gorgomyte is convenient and effective.
                “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

Originally posted by ICTGoober View Post
                  I know what you really want to do instead ...you know you want to!

“For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

Bait me all you want. I'll never turn to the dark side.
                    aka Chris Pile, formerly of Six String Fever

Comment

Originally posted by NegativeEase View Post

I know what you really want to do instead ...you know you want to!

Now if they just had Gorgomyte impregnated steel wool, the force would be strong with this one...

Comment

Ahhh. The force. The elusive force.
                        Originally Posted by IanBallard
                        Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

Originally posted by beaubrummels View Post

Now if they just had Gorgomyte impregnated steel wool, the force would be strong with this one...
                          And then adding an INPUT jack would make it indestructible... XD

Comment

Thanks for all the other suggestions. I'd heard anecdotally about the Miracle Cloth; I'll probably try it.

The other methods were on my radar, too. Just thought I'd try the Gorgomyte first because it sounded idiot-proof and all-in-one, and it lived up to that billing.

Comment

Working...
                            X