Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Touch Guitars 8 and 10 string

The tone on these is amazing

I am a big fan. If I were starting to learn guitar now, this seems to be a superior way to play it.
    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

I gave the Chapman Stick a try a long time ago and realized it wasn’t for me. Super cool when played well in the right musical context.

Comment

I have tried playing one as well but the 20 minutes I spent playing it did not result in much musical. These sticks are cool they have a bit more guitar/bass DNA and they seem to have a wider range of tone.

Comment

I've tried a few Sticks. Nothing from guitar translates over, so it is as strange as learning a flute. But I've always loved the sound of touch-style instruments, although I'd suspect they'd be easier to play on a keyboard stand (and cause less wrist damage).

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
            I'd suspect they'd be easier to play on a keyboard stand (and cause less wrist damage).
            On the Mean Streets tour, I watched EVH do an amazing two-hand solo with the guitar laying flat like a piano. I am sure he is one of the few guitarists who could make the transition to the stick

Comment

First time I ever saw a Chapman Stick, Jeff Beck was holding it.

Comment

I'm not musically adept enough on the 6 string guitar to worry about playing an 8 or 10 string one. :P
                Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
                This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

Cool. Man, I can murder a Chapman Stick on a good day, I play like that all the time on 6 strings in my heavy band.

Bob Culberson is one of my biggest influences.
                  “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

Originally posted by NegativeEase View Post
                    Cool. Man, I can murder a Chapman Stick on a good day, I play like that all the time on 6 strings in my heavy band.

Bob Culberson is one of my biggest influences.
                    He is really talented. I dig the NS Stick, too. It doesn't have the weirdo reversed bass strings.

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post

He is really talented. I dig the NS Stick, too. It doesn't have the weirdo reversed bass strings.
                      I haven't ever tried that one. cool!
                      “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

Working...
                      X