You had one job

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GuitarDoc View Post

Doesn't really matter, does it? A fretboard should not accidentally come off under any circumstance.
    You don't think someone dreaming or believing there may be a worthwhile scenario for this to happen isn't worth hearing out?

Im begging for someone to try and answer!
    “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

Maxed out truss rod adjustment performed in direct sunlight on a hot day in the middle of a humid swamp

Comment

I think they just played a G chord incorrectly and the guitar couldn't take it.
        Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

I don't see a defective Martin guitar here. I see an unidentified guitar, and people claiming that other people said that the unidentified guitar was a Martin. I'd have to see the whole guitar before I buy that story.

Comment

Originally posted by Masta' C View Post
            Maxed out truss rod adjustment performed in direct sunlight on a hot day in the middle of a humid swamp
            Haaaaaa. Thread should be dedicated to postulating these type of scenarios.

I think the guy was trying to maybe trying to pop/slide out a worn fret with sidestrike from a ball peen hammer without his glasses
            “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. B View Post
              I don't see a defective Martin guitar here. I see an unidentified guitar, and people claiming that other people said that the unidentified guitar was a Martin. I'd have to see the whole guitar before I buy that story.
              It came from the OLF, and those guys are totally legit. I do not doubt it all, but we are allowed our own beliefs.
              I miss the 80's (girls) !!!

Seymour Duncans currently in use - In Les Pauls: Custom(b)/Jazz(n), Distortion(b)/Jazz(n), '59(b)/'59(n) w/A4 mag, P-Rails(b)/P-Rails(n); In a Bullet S-3: P-Rails(b)/stock/Vintage Stack Tele(n); In a Dot: Seth Lover(b)/Seth Lover(n); In a Del Mar: Mag Mic; In a Lead II: Custom Shop Fender X-1(b)

Comment

There are none so blind as those who refuse to see.

aka Chris Pile, formerly of Six String Fever

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. B View Post
                  Bro, I literally have 2 guitars exactly like that one. I could tell instantly that it was a Martin. Mine haven't had any issues with the fingerboards, though.

Regardless of brand, it's a crap job, but I doubt the guitar itself has seen the most desirable conditions throughout its lifetime, so there's that...mine have been played a ton and don't look anywhere near that worn. That one looks like it went on a trek through the Himalayas, LOL!
                  Last edited by Masta' C; 07-08-2022, 08:43 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by NegativeEase View Post

You don't think someone dreaming or believing there may be a worthwhile scenario for this to happen isn't worth hearing out?

Im begging for someone to try and answer!
                    No, that's not it at all. Curiosity is a great thing and I value that. I sort of wonder about that fretboard too, but really, it shouldn't happen under ANY (accidental) circumstances. There is NO scenario for this that would be worthwhile, so the answer really doesn't matter enough to me to justify even asking.
                    Originally Posted by IanBallard
                    Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

No, that's not it at all. Curiosity is a great thing and I value that. I sort of wonder about that fretboard too, but really, it shouldn't happen under ANY (accidental) circumstances. There is NO scenario for this that would be worthwhile, so the answer really doesn't matter enough to me to justify even asking.
                      I feel like I need to label when I am making jokes, being sarcastic or making bombast. I realize that it's not always obvious.

Comment

Originally posted by Ashurbanipal View Post

They do seem to have a good rep, particularly that baritone Duo Jet seems popular even with the djenty crowd. I like the look of that G5232 in burgundy sparkle, yum.

The Martin in question here is about $750 new. I'd want the fingerboard glued on properly at that price .
                        I have the 5260 baritone and the 5220 electromatic jet with stoptail and it's an awesome guitar. I agree that gretsch has good guitars.
                        It's funny how some stories became historic,
                        especially when the authors clearly wrote them to be metaphoric,
                        But people will believe anything when it's written in stone or ancient scroll...-Fat Mike

Comment

I feel like I need to label when I am making jokes, being sarcastic or making bombast. I realize that it's not always obvious.
                          Sorry, I just get so used to you blasting me that I assume you always are.

Comment

Sorry, I just get so used to you blasting me that I assume you always are.
                            Weird that you feel that way -I don't think you are picking up on my intent. Apologies if thats the way I make you feel.

Comment

I put Foghorn Leghorn in my sig so people could read my posts in that voice and get it, but then people turn off sigs and never get it. Sigh.

Comment

Weird that you feel that way -I don't think you are picking up on my intent. Apologies if thats the way I make you feel.
                                Sorry, I get it. Apology accepted. I'll try to lighten up more

Comment

Working...
                                X