NGD: Fender Player Strat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NGD: Fender Player Strat

Last Xmas, I got a used MIM Standard Strat. I think it's a 2014, and it's a great Strat, no real complaints. Decided to keep the streak going for my bday, and picked up a new Player Strat. I didn't go out hunting for a guitar, but happened on a music store around the corner from my new job. Found this Strat, picked it up because it tickled my David Gilmour senses, and even with the crusty 9s and typical guitar store setup it played really great. Nothing super interesting to say, as it's a basic Strat that we've all seen a billion times, but the two-point trem is a huge upgrade, imho. If you're a heavy trem user, it does the more subtle stuff better than a 6 point, and stays in tune like a locking setup. The alnico 5 Player pickups (not noiseless) sound great, no intention of swapping anytime soon.

Pics as soon as I convert them to a forum-friendly size.

“I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Grats, enjoy!

Comment

Apologies for the sideways iPhone pics
      Attached Files
      “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

Wow, you were not kidding when you said you were getting your Gilmore on. Very cool tuxedo Strat.

Comment

Originally posted by Securb View Post
          Wow, you were not kidding when you said you were getting your Gilmore on. Very cool tuxedo Strat.
          I like the strap almost as much as the guitar. They had the whole line of those retro Ernie Balls, tried to pick something non-DG looking. Obviously, that was an exercise in futility lol.

Comment

That series is solid, all of it. Their Precision Basses are fantastic. The Strats feel crazy comfortable.

Comment

I like my Player Strat as far as Strats go, but I really dislike the placement of the knobs. That’s exactly where I want to put my hand.

Comment

Great guitar. Do these have a tone control wired for the bridge pickup? Can't remember if those have it.

Comment

Working...
                X