I got me a Martin on the cheap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I got me a Martin on the cheap

Found a 2011 Martin HD-28V in super clean condition off craigslist for a price that was ridiculous. I have one from about the same year but it is not the vintage series.

They are both great but I am kind of digging the vintage one. Need more time with both. The vintage one has open tuners, aged/yellowed top and a different headstock logo. This is right up there with one of my best CL buys of all time.

I AM STOKED!

Pics or it didn’t happen!

Comment

ha pics are so hard on here now. hold up

Comment

Comment

hmm. that looks tiny but if you click on it then it gets big. I guess that's how it works now that photobucket is dead. ha .

either way that was below $1500 and it's rad

Comment

Real nice, congrats!

Comment

A great guitar at an insane price!
              Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Nothing like a Martin, and herringbone ups the class factor.
                That's an epic deal.
                "You should know better by now than to introduce science into a discussion of voodoo."

Comment

Excellent!

Comment

Great deal and beautiful guitar. Every time I play my buddy's Martian D28 I start GASing. Martins are such fantastic guitars. I just do not play enough acoustic to justify the purchase. However, if I saw a deal like you got it would be hard to walk away.

Comment

Well done, Blake - enjoy!
                      aka Chris Pile, formerly of Six String Fever

Comment

Bought a D28 back in the late '80's, basically mortgaged my life for it, first band studio session in '88 or '89, the engineer saw me break out the Martin and exclaimed: "Well, I won't be needing to do much to make THAT guitar sound great". Just a mic a foot or so away from the 14th fret, and magic. Now, I record with a Taylor, much less to worry about....

Comment

Fantastic! When I bought my acoustic I played a ton of them and it was an HD-28V that was just the best for me. Enjoy, I love mine!
                          Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Working...
                          X