Dang, Cort!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dang, Cort!

Man, I know Cort falls under the radar for most of us (and sometimes for good reason), but I just happened across their KX700 Evertune model and I don't think there's a better-spec'd guitar out there for the ~$1K price these can be found for!

For over two decades, the KX Series has represented the most exciting and aggressive side of Cort’s guitar lineup with sleek stylish looks, unique features, and determination to explore into the realm…

5-piece roasted maple and walnut neck, ebony fretboard, stainless frets, deep-contour sandblasted ash top with satin black "open pore" finish, Evertune bridge, Seymour Duncan pickups, locking tuners, Luminlay side inlays...I mean, yeesh! That's a LOT of features for the price.

Just sayin'...

Is that the first production guitar with Sentient and Nazgul?

Comment

Originally posted by uOpt View Post
      Is that the first production guitar with Sentient and Nazgul?
      I thought Schecter had some previously, but maybe not?

Comment

Impressive.

Comment

I don't know about you, but I can't hear pictures.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucius Paisley View Post
            I don't know about you, but I can't hear pictures.
            I can’t hear pictures either but you can have a pretty good idea of how a guitar sounds based on specs.

Also, if you scroll on the page Masta linked on top there are videos. Those I generally can hear

Comment

I gotta say, I love the Luminlay side inlays. Once you use them, you want to convert every guitar to them.
              Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by Blille View Post

I can’t hear pictures either but you can have a pretty good idea of how a guitar sounds based on specs.

Also, if you scroll on the page Masta linked on top there are videos. Those I generally can hear
                I... can't hear links either.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucius Paisley View Post

I... can't hear links either.
                  Ha ha ha!

I assume you can "click" them, though...may the force (of your button clicking finger) be with you!

Comment

So what's the deal with that crazy bridge?

/pokes it with a 10 feet pole

Comment

It makes sure that you can divebomb and stay in tune 100% of no time at all.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
                          I gotta say, I love the Luminlay side inlays. Once you use them, you want to convert every guitar to them.
                          Ditto!
                          Guitars:Gibson LP Trad ('57 Classics); Ibanez SEW761FM (TB-16/STK-S7 m&n); Charvel DK24 (TB10/SSL-6/A2Pn), DK22 (HRb/SSL-6 m&n), SoCal Style1 (Distortion set) & SoCal Style2 24 2PT (Fluence OCC); ESP LTD MH-1000HS (TB-14/Lil59n); Effects: Line 6 Helix Floor, Digitech Drop & FreqOut, ME EP-1L6,Shure GLXD16, Headrush MX5;

Comment

I love the two Corts I've had. Still have one. That axe is sweet.

Comment

You can basically set it up in a way that no string movement will change the pitch. Insanely useful when tracking rhythms. You can also set it to work as a regular hardtail. Currently I set mine so that it ignores minor movement of the string so it keeps the pitch/intonation despite the heaviest of right hand work, but you can do bends as if normal. Oh and you can do these individually for each string!

Comment

Working...
                              X