Let's play a " What If " game with Guitar Models

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let's play a " What If " game with Guitar Models

I've been cleaning and checking setups and restringing my guitars all morning, and I was just wondering "What if" I could only pick one guitar model, and it was all that was available. Which guitar model would I pick? Meaning that if you picked a Tele, you couldn't also have a strat.

Variations still count as the same "model", so if you picked a Strat, you could have 2 Humbucker, or SSS pickup configuration, a Trem or Hardtail version etc, as long as it was still a Strat. A Jackson Dinky wouldn't count, because it is technically not a Strat.

I'll start. I would give up my Les Paul, Strat, SG, and PRS and just keep Ibanez RG models. I can make them do almost anything, and they just feel "right" to me. I have them in 6, 7, and 8 strings, and I like all of them. They just feel like home to me, and don't get in my way while I am playing. To the contrary, it seems like I am always struggling with some small issue or another when I play other guitar models.

Ok, your turn...

I'd pick something Strat-shaped with 2 humbuckers and a 5 way switch. I could do any gig with that.
    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

HSS Stratocaster.

Comment

Definitely a “modern” HSS Strat. 2 Post trem, modern noiseless electronics and switching, compound radius with jumbo SS frets.
        Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Les Paul. I could sell my other guitars tomorrow and only miss them a little bit.

Comment

Telecaster

Comment

My Peavey Patriots, which are effectively, dual-humbucker Strats.

Comment

Out of all the guitars I have owned, I have never really gelled with Teles. I know a lot of people who say it is their main go-to guitar. I think it is the squareness of the body and that lackluster neck pickup. The bridge pickup, I like. I have thought about one of the Fender Performers or whatever they are called with the humbucker in the neck. That might suit me better.

Comment

I go by the sound and how much variety of music I can get out of one guitar. I can adapt to just about any body and neck type. There are multiple ways to improve the Tele neck sound; Fender Twisted Tele Neck PU for one, disconnecting the tone control on the neck, for another.

Comment

Les Paul for sure. With a good 60's neck and ceramic overwound pickups.

Comment

I could do just about anything with a PRS. Or a good boutique HSS Strat.
                      But I prefer long tenon mahogany set necks.
                      I have three set-neck Fenders which suit me better than typical Fender bolt-ons.

Not that I have any problem loving my bolt-ons. But if I could only have one type forever I'd want set-neck.
                      "You should know better by now than to introduce science into a discussion of voodoo."

Comment

HSH Strat or Tele.

Comment

Originally posted by ArtieToo View Post
                          My Peavey Patriots, which are effectively, dual-humbucker Strats.
                          Haha. I saw one on Reverb for $750 or something this morning.

Comment

Strat for me, in any hum canceling configuration.

Comment

Originally posted by solspirit View Post

Haha. I saw one on Reverb for $750 or something this morning.
                              They're good. They ain't that good.

Comment

Working...
                              X