2000 Fender Lone Star Strat-want to replace the humbucker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2000 Fender Lone Star Strat-want to replace the humbucker

I know this has been discussed a few times here, but wanted to get some of the new members viewpoints on the subject.

I have a 2000 Fender Lone Star Strat with the Pearly Gates+ in the bridge. Mine isn't really a "plus" other than the fact it has the A5 mag (it registers an anemic 8.05 on my multimeter). I like the tone of the pickup overall, but it suffers from the 2x 250k pots and sounds super weak in the split position with the middle pickup.

I have an old MJ JB lying around, but will the long legs work in this pickup route?

I have been also considering a 59/Custom Hybrid

Looking to get that Jamie West Oram tone in the 4th position (split humbucker and middle single).
    Charvel, Kramer, Gibson, Fender, MIJ/US Epiphone, BC Rich
    Full Shred, Distortion, JB, Custom (Custom), Screamin' Demon, Cool Rails, Alternative 8, Mini Humbucker, Lil 59, 59, APH-1, Black Winter, Silverbird, SP90, PATB1,2,3, YJM, 59/custom hybrid, SSL-1 AH1BJ, Jazz, Antiquity JB/Jazz, Alpha/Omega

Any variant of the Custom will be ideal for split strat tones. I've tried Custom, Custom 5, Custom Custom and 59/Custom and they all have the same split sound despite the different magnets.

Comment

The Hybrid has a great split tone, and would probably have the push you need. It doesn't sound out-of-balance with single coils.
      Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

The long leg humbucker will not work in the Strat.

Comment

Working...
        X