banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What instrument/gear to get- to gain inspiration?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Happy to hear you are playing with others again. There is really no substitute for that.
    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

If you have $500, get several budget items. Could probably get a bass, portable keyboard, and some recording gear. When I first got a portable keyboard when I was 20 it really became my main instrument even though it was cheap but it sounded ok and was engrossing to play.
      The things that you wanted
      I bought them for you

Comment

Boss RC-500 loop/rhythm station.

Comment

Originally posted by Securb View Post
          I would think a good recording unit would be the way to go. You can get a Presonus starter kit for $149 well below your budget. You would even have money left over for a Harley Benton bass if you would like

https://www.musiciansfriend.com/pro-...+CVV+MFWPDPT+2
          That's where I'm going. If I'm you - I start recording my own tracks and writing.
          Originally posted by Bad City
          He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Gratuitous sex with a hooker in the alley

Comment

Whenever I'm running on empty and can't come up with anything on guitar I put on some old bad religion and just play around on my bass, after noodling on the bass for a while when I come back to guitar I try to follow along what I was playing on the bass and usually end up going off in new direction.
              It's funny how some stories became historic,
              especially when the authors clearly wrote them to be metaphoric,
              But people will believe anything when it's written in stone or ancient scroll...-Fat Mike

Comment

Originally posted by Mikelamury View Post
                Whenever I'm running on empty and can't come up with anything on guitar I put on some old bad religion and just play around on my bass, after noodling on the bass for a while when I come back to guitar I try to follow along what I was playing on the bass and usually end up going off in new direction.
                Very true for me too.
                Since my bass has been out of commission (just a box of parts atm), I feel a bit stale when I grab a guitar. So I've been forcing myself to grab an acoustic instead, and often in a non-standard tuning, all 5ths or dadgad atleast, just to noodle with something melodic and pleasing.
                Keyboards are usually also inspiring, but not so much with half of a
                functioning right hand.

Also, just listening to music, either something different to your usual (but which you still enjoy ofc) or something you used to listen to but kinda forgot about.

Something old, something new, something different, but still you!
                The biggest difference between Chet Atkins and Dimebag? Probably the beard...

Comment

Working...
                X