banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where you do stand on wrapping strings with locking tuners?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Demanic View Post
    Once again, you've got it backwards. Those on the Dark side are the very ones who epitomize the challenging of traditions.

Sent from my SM-A115A using Tapatalk
    Jesue, do you suck the air out of the room when you walk in? Does the music stop when you attend a party?

It's a joke about wrapping tuners.
    “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

• Originally posted by NegativeEase View Post
      It's a joke

Comment

• If ya'll really want great tuning stability pull the sting through the peg-hole and then add a drop of Gorilla glue. No string slippage whatsoever.

Comment

• Originally posted by Blille View Post

They wish. They’re the Slipknot of the Force.
          I'm talking about the true Sith, not the pop culture one's that came up with the Rule of Two.

Comment

Jesue, do you suck the air out of the room when you walk in? Does the music stop when you attend a party?

Sounds like a more potent version of Force Choke, does it not?

Comment

• Slipknot's first two albums were awesome, though.

Comment

• Originally posted by Demanic View Post
                Sounds like a more potent version of Force Choke, does it not?

Haha. good post.
                “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

• After just restringing a fairly cheap 12 string someone gave to me (I never owned one), I think Ned Steinberger had the right idea on his rare 12 string:

Click image for larger version

Name:	tractuner1.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	19.3 KB
ID:	6191322
                  Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

• I just broke my 1st string in literally 20 years - right at the clamping point of the locking tuner on my high B string - my 1st guitar with locking tuners, which I've owned for 1 month. That string is now wrapped normally with the locking screw loosened.
                    Turn me on, Dead Man.

Comment

FYI - Demanic is a heavy one-way steam train that will never leave the rails.

Comment

Nah, Demanic’s cool, I like his dry sense of humour.
                        The opinions expressed above do not necessarily represent those of the poster and are to be considered suspect at best.

Lead guitarist and vocalist of...

Keep up to date on our Facebook

Comment

• Eight pages so I can settle this issue with the definitive answer. No.

You're welcome.

Comment

• Originally posted by SlyFoxx View Post
                            Eight pages so I can settle this issue with the definitive answer. No.

You're welcome.
                            No what?
                            The opinions expressed above do not necessarily represent those of the poster and are to be considered suspect at best.

Lead guitarist and vocalist of...

Keep up to date on our Facebook

Comment

• Originally posted by baritone View Post
                              I just broke my 1st string in literally 20 years - right at the clamping point of the locking tuner on my high B string - my 1st guitar with locking tuners, which I've owned for 1 month. That string is now wrapped normally with the locking screw loosened.
                              Interesting. I had my B string break recently on a guitar with locking tuners. Not at the clamp but fairly high up on the neck, maybe around the third fret. My first string break in probably 15 years. That said, it was strung by my luthier in a recent setup, not me. I restrung without any winds but tried to pull tight without too much tension. So far, so good. I am curious to see how that string holds up.

Comment

• I’m buying the Wilkinson EZ lockers from now on. They are the smoothest tuners I’ve ever had next to the original Grovers on my ‘86 MIJ Yami.

Oh, and I’m a 1-2 wrap guy otherwise.

Comment

Working...
                                X