Unexpected NGD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unexpected NGD

Was in a local shop a couple days ago and pulled an old Carvin Cobalt acoustic off the wall out of curiosity. Had played several of the Cobalt's over the years and was underwhelmed. This one was different it was a solid black big JUMBO Mark Wills sig. Was priced at about half of what I found them selling for on line so today it came home with me. These were imports this one is 2001 or 2 built by Cort in South Korea. The MW guitars were unique in they were solid maple back and sides maple neck with a solid sitka spruce top. Guitar plays like a dream and is an absolute cannon! Sounded and played better than my last Taylor. Have always loved the sound of a good maple body and neck Jumbo like the old Guild Jumbos. First decent acoustic I have owned in a while.
    Quick photo with my phone has the Fishman Matrix system and sounds fantastic through a good acoustic amp.
    Guitars
    Kiesel DC 135, Carvin AE 185, DC 400, DC 127 KOA, DC 127 Quilt Purple, X220C, PRS Custom 24, Washburn USA MG 122 proto , MG 102, MG 120.
    Amps PRS Archon 50 head, MT 15, Mesa Subway Rocket, DC-5, Carvin X50B Hot Rod Mod head, Zinky 25watt Blue Velvet combo.

It's a great looking Jumbo, and if you got a "can't miss this" deal, all the better. I'm sure it plays great, Corts from Korea are amazing regarding quality and value. Congrats.

Never played a maple sides back and neck before. Bet it blasts.
    I'm more of a Dreadnaught guy, but a sitka spruce top can't sound bad in any shape acoustic, I'd think.
    The biggest difference between Chet Atkins and Dimebag? Probably the beard...

Comment

Working...
    X