banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What pieces of gear are you "not supposed" to like, that you've been successful with?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The EQ on a stock DS-1 can make a British amp sound American. Sounds pretty trash if the amp is already scoopy though.

Plus remove the clipping diodes and it can function as an underdrive
    You will never understand How it feels to live your life With no meaning or control And with nowhere left to go You are amazed that they exist And they burn so bright
    Whilst you can only wonder why

Comment

Originally posted by TVFV View Post

You know, I don't even have a huge issue with single coils being there either. It can get little tight in there as I tend to pick between the neck and middle pickup. But, I don't take any issue with the sound.
      Oh man, drives me crazy.
      Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

First, nobody has ever gear shamed me to my face after hearing me play. That is primarily an online behavior. But my list of faux-pas would be:

Budget solid state amps
        Import guitars
        Mixing/recording in an untreated room
        Live vocals in 2017-2020 with a $50 Senheiser mic from 2001
        Stock pickups
        Guitar and bass directly into a PA

If you're being musical then it doesn't really matter what you're using - you're the music and people like all kinds of different music. Even your favorite song is disliked by probably thousands of people.
        Last edited by alex1fly; 09-06-2022, 01:28 PM.
        Originally posted by crusty philtrum
        Anyone who *sings* at me through their teeth deserves to have a bus drive through their face
        http://www.youtube.com/alexiansounds

Comment

Originally posted by Chistopher View Post
          I get a ton of mileage out of the stock pickups that a lot of guys will just through out because they're stock. That's a dirty word for a lot of people around here, as if companies specifically design guitars around not being able to sound good with the factory electronics.
          Feel you. I really like some of the stock pickups in my Carvin Kiesels. Own 8, 4 have Duncans, 4 have the stock Carvin Kiesels. My 2 main players now have Kiesel Berryilum humbuckers in the bridge. Both are Kiesel DC's one with the matching neck bucker the other with the Marks singles. REALLY liking my tones with these pickups in these 2 guitars right now!
          Guitars
          Kiesel DC 135, Carvin AE 185, DC 400, DC 127 KOA, DC 127 Quilt Purple, X220C, PRS Custom 24, Washburn USA MG 122 proto , MG 102, MG 120.
          Amps PRS Archon 50 head, MT 15, Mesa Subway Rocket, DC-5, Carvin X50B Hot Rod Mod head, Zinky 25watt Blue Velvet combo.

Comment

Live I use a digital multi-effects over my traditional pedals. They are less to carry, and allow more control of the parameters in a live setting. Currently I am using an HX Effects, but I've used an M13 and an M9 in the past.
            Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Working...
            X