Bending notes on E Flat Tuning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bending notes on E Flat Tuning

Is it easier to bend notes on a 25.5 inch scale neck with E flat Tuning then Standard Tuning on a 24.75 inch scale neck?

Given that the strings are the same size on both, then I'd say the static tension is nearly equal, but that would mean it would be a tiny bit easier to bend on the F-scale since the longer span allows for easier string flex.

Comment

Just try it yourself. This isn't really the sort of thing that translates to being able to find useful information on the internet over just getting your own personal experience
      You will never understand How it feels to live your life With no meaning or control And with nowhere left to go You are amazed that they exist And they burn so bright
      Whilst you can only wonder why

Comment

There are so many other factors to take into consideration. String height, neck radius, and even fretboard material will be factors. As Christopher said, you need to do some experimentation and get some personal experience.

Comment

Revision;
          My post was assuming all things equal as in same guitar different scale length. If each guitar is different bridge, nut, headstock, action, ect, then there can be no definitive answer.

Comment

I've tried this, and honestly, it was about the same. Guitars were an SG and a Tele.
            Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by dave74 View Post
              Revision;
              My post was assuming all things equal as in same guitar different scale length. If each guitar is different bridge, nut, headstock, action, ect, then there can be no definitive answer.
              There aren't really too many guitars where this is the case. Longer scale length just as one example will always effect string height on lower frets unless you compensate for it.
              You will never understand How it feels to live your life With no meaning or control And with nowhere left to go You are amazed that they exist And they burn so bright
              Whilst you can only wonder why

Comment

Originally posted by Chistopher View Post

There aren't really too many guitars where this is the case. Longer scale length just as one example will always effect string height on lower frets unless you compensate for it.
                Of course not, but sometimes we go to the world of the hypothetical in order to isolate and compare specific differing factors.

Comment

Ive always felt that shorter scales are more comfortable scaling and speeding around the neck with chords and longer scales are better for subtlety nuance and bends
                  “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

Originally posted by NegativeEase View Post
                    ...and longer scales are better for subtlety nuance and bends
                    This is why I have my Tele and Strat setup with 9-42. I'm thinking of trying 8.5s or 8s, or atleast a hybrid set, 9-38 or something like that, just for the heck of it. Ofcourse giving myself some time to get used to them and setting up properly.

Nuance or nuissance, remains to be seen.
                    The biggest difference between Chet Atkins and Dimebag? Probably the beard...

Comment

Working...
                    X