Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joe Strummer Telecaster - too rich for my blood

$1800 for a Mexican Telecaster!

Discover the sound of Fender, the spirit of rock-n-roll since 1946. Shop Fender guitars, basses, amplifiers, audio equipment, accessories, apparel and more.

Comment

dont even like the look, paint job looks fake and cheap

Comment

Yeah, I have no idea who the audience is for this.
        Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

I cant stand relics... but if I was going to buy one relic guitar.... this would be it.

Joe means more to me that just about anyone as far as heroes go, and he was the my childhood hero I got to know and he didn't dissappoint.
          “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

Originally posted by NegativeEase View Post

Joe means more to me that just about anyone as far as heroes go, and he was the my childhood hero
            Same here man and I watched him play that guitar. But $1800 for a MIM Tele, no way in hell.

Comment

Originally posted by Securb View Post

Same here man and I watched him play that guitar. But $1800 for a MIM Tele, no way in hell.
              He was so cool to my band -and he cared about people.

but yeah 1800? yikes!
              “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

I think Fender has transitioned to where Squiers have replaced MIMs,
                MIMs have replaced low level USAs,
                low level USAs have replaced high level USAs,
                high level USAs have replaced Custom Shops,
                and Custom Shops have become Gibson Unobtaniums.
                At least in Fender's mind and pricing.
                I miss the 80's (girls) !!!

Seymour Duncans currently in use - In Les Pauls: Custom(b)/Jazz(n), Distortion(b)/Jazz(n), '59(b)/'59(n) w/A4 mag, P-Rails(b)/P-Rails(n); In a Bullet S-3: P-Rails(b)/stock/Vintage Stack Tele(n); In a Dot: Seth Lover(b)/Seth Lover(n); In a Del Mar: Mag Mic; In a Lead II: Custom Shop Fender X-1(b)

Comment

Glad it's not Masterbuilt

Comment

What about the $15,000. Joe Strummer Esquire version?

I f*ckin' love Joe Strummer but damn, it seems like people are spending on collecting guitars rather than playing guitars.

Comment

I think that Joe would **** if he saw the prices on these

Is the bulk of the money going to a charity or something? That wouldn't be out of line with his beliefs I don't think
                      My Bands -
                      https://kamikazechoir.hearnow.com/
                      www.instagram.com/kamikazechoir
                      www.reverbnation.com/theheartlessdevils

Just some fun guitar stuff from time to time
                      GUITAR KULTURE

Comment

Originally posted by Wattage View Post
                        I think that Joe would **** if he saw the prices on these

Is the bulk of the money going to a charity or something? That wouldn't be out of line with his beliefs I don't think
                        Yeah, I was thinking his wife is likely doing something like that if I had to guess.

Comment

Didn't they sell those about 15 years ago for around $500?

Comment

Big fat nope. Actually make that a big fat hell nope.

Comment

Working...
                            X