KORINA + BRW = NGD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KORINA + BRW = NGD

Ever since I got my korina PRS McCarty, I have been on the hunt for another korina guitar. The MCcarty is only 7 lbs and it sounds so dang good!!!

This Hamer popped up last week and i had to have it.

Its a 2007 Hamer Korina Vector V with a BRW board. This guitar was part of a small batch commissioned by Willcut Guitars.

For 15 years old, it looks more like 15 months old...I couldn't believe how clean it was. Great weight...about 7.5 lbs.

The neck is almost an exact copy of the MCarty (wide fat) medium 50s carve...not a baseball bat.

The fretwork, fit and finish are absolutely incredible...with a USA Hamer, I kinda figured it would be. The BRW board is beautiful! It sets up and plays super nice!!

It has Wolftone Legend pickups in it and they sound wonderful! The tone is very crisp and snappy, though the neck pickup provides some warmth and fatness. Also has a locking TONEPROS bridge and vintage style Kluson tuners.

The body seems to be a little thicker than other Vs I've had in the past. I've never held or played a real 58 V, so I have no idea what the body thickness was on those...maybe its just my imagination?

Just an incredible guitar with all the right stuff...a real joy to play. I can't wait to play this one live!!!

IMG_4400 by brent HENDERSON, on Flickr

IMG_4401 by brent HENDERSON, on Flickr

IMG_4403 by brent HENDERSON, on Flickr

IMG_4404 by brent HENDERSON, on Flickr

IMG_4405 by brent HENDERSON, on Flickr

IMG_4406 by brent HENDERSON, on Flickr

IMG_4407 by brent HENDERSON, on Flickr

IMG_4408 by brent HENDERSON, on Flickr

IMG_4409 by brent HENDERSON, on Flickr

IMG_4411 by brent HENDERSON, on Flickr

IMG_4412 by brent HENDERSON, on Flickr

IMG_4414 by brent HENDERSON, on Flickr

I'm just a few hundred lessons away from being a great guitar player.......

great lookin guitar and i love usa hamers.

Comment

Originally posted by jeremy View Post
      great lookin guitar and i love usa hamers.
      Thanks bro

Comment

Sweetness!
        aka Chris Pile, formerly of Six String Fever

Comment

Very nice indeed. I have a thing for korina; there's just something special about it.
          "You should know better by now than to introduce science into a discussion of voodoo."

Comment

That is one nice looking guitar!
            I miss the 80's (girls) !!!

Seymour Duncans currently in use - In Les Pauls: Custom(b)/Jazz(n), Distortion(b)/Jazz(n), '59(b)/'59(n) w/A4 mag, P-Rails(b)/P-Rails(n); In a Bullet S-3: P-Rails(b)/stock/Vintage Stack Tele(n); In a Dot: Seth Lover(b)/Seth Lover(n); In a Del Mar: Mag Mic; In a Lead II: Custom Shop Fender X-1(b)

Comment

Looks wonderful. I am in the Korina Club, too. But my dream guitar is a Korina Explorer.
              I have Wolfetone in a Les Paul, but I would love to hear a Bonamassa Amos Set in a Korina guitar!
              I get the feeling the A8 will blow your skirt up more so - Edgecrusher

Smooth trades with Jerryjg, ArtieToo, Theodie, Micah, trevorus, Pierre, pzaxtl, damian1122, Thames, Diocletian, Kevinabb, Fakiekid, oilpit, checo, BachToRock, majewsky, joyouswolf, Koreth, Pontiac Jack, Jeff_H

Comment

Look's beautiful. When available, I do prefer being able to see wood grain in a guitar/instrument/project...especially if it's a nice pattern
                "The amp has been making a lot of noise and acting funky, perhaps it may be aware of the amount of rock it's about to be punished with" ~GearMannDude
                "30 days of dating doesn't seem like cheating. It seems like legitimate playing the field, and you happened to catch a pop fly..." ~Aceman
                "If all else fails, wank, fall asleep, come back to it the next day." ~GuitarStv
                "The crowd has no perception of tone...only timing and flow." ~Glassman

Comment

My Warmoth is black korina. It is a fantastic wood for guitars.
                  Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

oh **** that is legit in spades! Congrats

My Bands -
                    https://kamikazechoir.hearnow.com/
                    www.instagram.com/kamikazechoir
                    www.reverbnation.com/theheartlessdevils

Just some fun guitar stuff from time to time
                    GUITAR KULTURE

Comment

Thanks for all the compliments fellas!!!

it’s an incredible guitar!!!!

Comment

Have fun with it!
                        Hamer USA...says it all.

Comment

Wolftone pickups are very underrated- his Dr Vintage pickups kill

Comment

Working...
                          X