Best Destroyer for the $?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zionstrat View Post

Hey thanks for the suggestion.. but if I'm understanding correctly they are basswood and I'm pretty sure I would need Korina or mahogany to get the sounds I'm looking for.. but is yours basswood and what does your sound like?
    It is a basswood body, and a bolt-on maple neck.

It would not be my first choice for Blues, but it is good for Rock and 80's Metal.

I have not had it out to play since October 2019. I mostly play it at a benefit show which has not been happening. It is probably closest to one of my Fenders with a humbucker. I have been rotating through those since the pandemic, so I will break it out and post back.
    I miss the 80's (girls) !!!

Seymour Duncans currently in use - In Les Pauls: Custom(b)/Jazz(n), Distortion(b)/Jazz(n), '59(b)/'59(n) w/A4 mag, P-Rails(b)/P-Rails(n); In a Bullet S-3: P-Rails(b)/stock/Vintage Stack Tele(n); In a Dot: Seth Lover(b)/Seth Lover(n); In a Del Mar: Mag Mic; In a Lead II: Custom Shop Fender X-1(b)

Comment

It's not the best for the money, but I still believe the Zumwalt DDG-1000 to be a more than viable destroyer moving forward.
      You will never understand How it feels to live your life With no meaning or control And with nowhere left to go You are amazed that they exist And they burn so bright
      Whilst you can only wonder why

Comment

Originally posted by Chistopher View Post
        It's not the best for the money, but I still believe the Zumwalt DDG-1000 to be a more than viable destroyer moving forward.
        It's a bit out of my budget and I'm not personally a fan of the finish (suppose that can be sanded down), but other than that, it sure is a fine destroyer.

The biggest difference between Chet Atkins and Dimebag? Probably the beard...

Comment

If you're still considering Destroyers, pay attention to the model and the year of manufacture. Ibanez made bolt-on necks, glued in necks, some with Fender scale lengths, and some with Gibson scale lengths. Consult an Ibanez Wiki for more info...
          aka Chris Pile, formerly of Six String Fever

Comment

You can probably find a Schecter E-1 in your price range if you look hard enough.

Comment

Originally posted by chadd View Post
              You can probably find a Schecter E-1 in your price range if you look hard enough.
              https://www.guitarcenter.com/Used/Sc...hoC62oQAvD_BwE
              Put a black pickguard on that and I am all in

Comment

Originally posted by Securb View Post

Put a black pickguard on that and I am all in

It could certainly be done. I've seen models with black pickguards

Comment

Originally posted by ICTGoober View Post
                  If you're still considering Destroyers, pay attention to the model and the year of manufacture. Ibanez made bolt-on necks, glued in necks, some with Fender scale lengths, and some with Gibson scale lengths. Consult an Ibanez Wiki for more info...
                  Yeah, just to be clear I'm looking for a 24 3/4, glued in neck, in Korena or mahogany... Essentially as close to the original as is practical in this price range.
                  Last edited by zionstrat; 09-13-2022, 02:50 PM.
                  What's so Funny about Peace Love and Understanding?

Comment

Originally posted by zionstrat View Post

Yeah, just to be clear I'm looking for a 24 3/4, glued in neck, in Korena or mahogany... Essentially as close to the original as is practical in this price range.
                    Right here...sell the EMGs for your preferred set.

Reverb is a marketplace bringing together a wide-spanning community to buy, sell, and discuss all things music gear.

or

https://reverb.com/item/56361607-200...n-korea-w-ohsc

Pearly Gates neck, and a 59 bridge (or maybe a Sat Night or Whole Lotta) - good to go!
                    Originally posted by Bad City
                    He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Bingo! I hadn't seriously considered epis up to this point but this one does get great reviews. And yes, pup swaps will be fun!
                      Last edited by zionstrat; 09-14-2022, 08:38 PM.
                      What's so Funny about Peace Love and Understanding?

Comment

Working...
                      X