banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Battery box on a Strat - what should I use it for?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battery box on a Strat - what should I use it for?

I’m assembling another (surprise, surprise) Strat, this body has a battery box. It’ll be Floyd equipped and either HSS or HS, so modded/hot rod, not vintage.

My immediate thought was a set of EMGs, but if I went the passive route like JB/Stk/Stk, what are some other creative ways I can use the battery box? Boost, Mid Boost, illuminated kill switch, what would be cool and what would be useful?
    Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Snack storage!

Comment

Mid boost is, by far, my favorite... Dial in for clean and use the boost to drive.
      What's so Funny about Peace Love and Understanding?

Comment

Originally posted by zionstrat View Post
        Mid boost is, by far, my favorite... Dial in for clean and use the boost to drive.
        Do you have a preferred one? The EMG SPC seems like the easiest. The Clapton seems a bit more difficult to shoehorn in the Strat cavity.
        Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Originally posted by uOpt View Post
          Snack storage!
          Adam Sandler SNL character style?
          Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

I store picks in mine.
            Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

i love the spc and its definitely easier than the clapton boost. i do love the clapton boost too but its a cred card size circuit board. i always deck my bridges so i pull the claw and springs out and put it there but thats not an option for many people

Comment

Originally posted by jeremy View Post
                i love the spc and its definitely easier than the clapton boost. i do love the clapton boost too but its a cred card size circuit board. i always deck my bridges so i pull the claw and springs out and put it there but thats not an option for many people
                This body has Floyd posts, otherwise that would be a great idea. Although I guess I could block it, use a D-Tuna and have rock solid tuning.
                Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

I have had really good luck with the Artec boosters. The stronger the input signal the better they sound. http://www.artecsound.com/pickups/el...ics/index.html

Comment

Originally posted by idsnowdog View Post
                    I have had really good luck with the Artec boosters. The stronger the input signal the better they sound. http://www.artecsound.com/pickups/el...ics/index.html
                    That’s very interesting, which ones do you have experience with?
                    Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Originally posted by PFDarkside View Post

That’s very interesting, which ones do you have experience with?
                      The BCU and the QTB. The QTB has four different boost frequencies while the BCU is a midrange control. You can find them for $25.

Comment

what would be cool and what would be useful?

Comment

Originally posted by Securb View Post

Much less cool to have the back of the guitar smoking.
                          Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Much less cool to have the back of the guitar smoking.
                            The battery compartment is to power the smoke bomb under the pickup, make it happen.

Comment

I've had the SPC in one of my Floydcasters for many years. Love how it fattens the EMG singlecoils.
                              Not sure how well it'd do with a JB though.
                              "You should know better by now than to introduce science into a discussion of voodoo."

Comment

Working...
                              X