Shimmering Stars - More info?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shimmering Stars - More info?

One of my nieces asked me about a pop band from Canada - Shimmering Stars... She wanted to know what guitar one of the guys is playing.. NOT the Strat, but the sunburst with 3 humbuckers. I recognize the shape from the 60's, but after doing some research I can't find exactly what it might be. I'm thinking a custom. Most photos I've found of the band the guy is playing an Ibanez Talman of some kind (which is fine). Anyone here have better info than mine?

Shimmering Stars - I'm Gonna Try - YouTube
    aka Chris Pile, formerly of Six String Fever

It looks like the typical cheap import of the 60's which were sold by various stores such as Montgomery Wards, Sears, etc. One of the names it was sold as was Airline.
    Originally Posted by IanBallard
    Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

Kinda looks like an old 60s Airline, switch, knobs, 3 hbs, body shape loom about right

Click image for larger version

Name:	593p-white-840x308.jpg
Views:	167
Size:	42.5 KB
ID:	6195872
      1994 Ibanez IC500 Iceman reissue
      Jackson Soloist 7 string
      ESP LTD M-400
      Original Marshall Silver Jubilee 2553

Comment

Sometimes having “some” of the options just doesn’t cut it. The ‘59 3P DLX gives it all - the historic and showstopping Airline ‘59 body shape, a Bigsby tailpiece, and flexible controls will command attention from any audience and have fellow artists itching to experiment. With 5-way switching and independent volume and tone-control knobs for each of the three Airline ‘Vintage Voiced Single Coil’ pickups, we’re confident in saying that there is near-endless tonal variety to be explored. The big question that’s left us stumped: “What can’t this model do?” Artists playing this guitar: Ripley Johnson (Wooden Shjips / Moon Duo) Jeff Wootton (Gorillaz) Mura Masa Joey Burns (Calexico) Frejat PJ Harvey (note: she plays a vintage model)
        My Bands -
        https://kamikazechoir.hearnow.com/
        www.instagram.com/kamikazechoir
        www.reverbnation.com/theheartlessdevils

Just some fun guitar stuff from time to time
        GUITAR KULTURE

Comment

Without even watching I had a feeling this would be it.
          Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

It's the Eastwood copy of the Airline.

Comment

That was fast!!!! I was thinking it was maybe an Airline, but I couldn't find what I was after. KUDOS to the forum guys!
              aka Chris Pile, formerly of Six String Fever

Comment

Haha. Yeah I thought it was either an Eastwood or a DiPinto looking at the cutaway style.

Although I was pretty certain it was a DiPinto
                “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

The price these days is interesting. Back in the 60s it would cost less than $100.
                  Originally Posted by IanBallard
                  Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

Working...
                  X