Questions about Gotoh TOM and string spacing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions about Gotoh TOM and string spacing

I’m considering using a Gotoh TOM on a future build. My main question is, for having the strings line up over the poles, would a trembucker, or standard humbucker work better? I realize the spacing itself is 2-1/16, so while a little over two inches, it’s not a crazy amount.
    Another question is, how is the build quality of the unit itself? I’ve used the 1996t Floyd copy they produced, and thought that was quite nice. I was just curious if the TOM is built to the same discerning quality as that.

Gotoh hardware is as good as it gets, including their TOM bridges.

The original TonePros locking bridges were Gotoh-made units, before TonePros cheapened out their product line.

With that saddle spacing, you could get away with pretty much any pole piece spacing. Realistically, DiMarzio's "F-spacing" would be the perfect middle ground, but you'll have to settle for slightly wider or slightly narrower if you stay Duncan.

Comment

I have a Gotoh TOM in my Epiphone, and it's fantastic. Very well-made and very good-sounding.

And yeah, much like Masta said, the Duncan trembucker is slightly wider, and the humbucker is slightly narrower in the bridge position of a Gotoh TOM.

Comment

Working...
      X