No announcement yet.

Whats your LIGHTEST guitar?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have several that are between 7 and 8, but nothing super light,,,,,,,,then I also have a few that are in that 9-10 range.

Comment

My Parker MidiFly is around 4.5 lbs

Comment

^^^Wow that is light! No wonder they call it a fly.

Comment

Originally posted by dave74 View Post
          ^^^Wow that is light! No wonder they call it a fly.
          My bass player hates the Parker he calls it my **** you guitar. He says it sounds fantastic. But if we are playing something new and he gets lost he can not look at my neck to see where we are, no fret markers. So, **** you, you can't follow me. He offered to buy me fretboard stickers.
          Last edited by Securb; 09-15-2022, 01:21 PM.

Comment

Both my Gibson ES330 and my Strandberg Original are under 6lbs

Comment

Originally posted by alex1fly View Post
              SG is 6 lbs. Tele is 6.5 lbs. 7 String is 6 lbs. Can't get much lighter than that.

I prefer lightweight instruments but balance definitely starts to become an issue with lighter weight instruments. I had a PRS SE Santana for a bit that was 7 lbs but the body was disproportionately heavy so it fell off my leg constantly and I sold it. My P Bass is the opposite, 7.5 lbs with a light body so I always felt like I was having to hold the neck up while playing. High Mass bridge and lightweight tuners fixed that issue and it balances better now.
              Understand and my AE 185 definitely has the issue of neck dive. However that 6.1 LB X220C is one of the most perfectly balanced guitars on a strap I have ever played. Has to be that crazy body shape but that's one of the main reasons I have kept this guitar for all these years. Doesn't hurt that it plays like butter is rock solid in tuning and sounds incredible. Only down side is it looks weird LOL!
              Guitars
              Kiesel DC 135, Carvin AE 185, DC 400, DC 127 KOA, DC 127 Quilt Purple, X220C, PRS Custom 24, Washburn USA MG 122 proto , MG 102, MG 120.
              Amps PRS Archon 50 head, MT 15, Mesa Subway Rocket, DC-5, Carvin X50B Hot Rod Mod head, Zinky 25watt Blue Velvet combo.

Comment

Originally posted by Securb View Post

Those are very nice guitars!
                Guitars
                Kiesel DC 135, Carvin AE 185, DC 400, DC 127 KOA, DC 127 Quilt Purple, X220C, PRS Custom 24, Washburn USA MG 122 proto , MG 102, MG 120.
                Amps PRS Archon 50 head, MT 15, Mesa Subway Rocket, DC-5, Carvin X50B Hot Rod Mod head, Zinky 25watt Blue Velvet combo.

Comment

My Steinberger is just at 5lbs, the Music Man Silo Special is 6.5lbs.
                  Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

My bass player hates the Parker he calls it my **** you guitar. He says it sounds fantastic. But if we are playing something new and he gets lost he can not look at my neck to see where we are, no fret markers. So, **** you, you can't follow me. He offered to buy me fretboard stickers.
                    Most of my guitars are blank ebony, but I need to have easy to see side-dots or even better the glow-in-the-darks. I get lost on my Giger rgt because the binding is a marble like look and the dots are barely visible. It has inlays but they are like a smokey marble that completely disappear unless you turn exactly to the light.

Comment

My Ibanez SEW761FM, at 5.25lbs.
                      Guitars:Gibson LP Trad ('57 Classics); Ibanez SEW761FM (TB-16/STK-S7 m&n); Charvel DK24 (TB10/SSL-6/A2Pn), DK22 (HRb/SSL-6 m&n), SoCal Style1 (Distortion set) & SoCal Style2 24 2PT (Fluence OCC); ESP LTD MH-1000HS (TB-14/Lil59n); Effects: Line 6 Helix Floor, Digitech Drop & FreqOut, ME EP-1L6,Shure GLXD16, Headrush MX5;

Comment

My lightest guitar is actually my fender FMT HH (flame maple top) telecaster. It is 6 pounds even! It's got a JB/Jazz set in it with a master coil split. Matching headstock. I actually have two of these, going to put a custom/jazz set in the other one .
                        Attached Files
                        It's funny how some stories became historic,
                        especially when the authors clearly wrote them to be metaphoric,
                        But people will believe anything when it's written in stone or ancient scroll...-Fat Mike

Comment

Wow, I never knew there were so many very light guitars. Most of my custom guitars are between 6 and 7 lbs. I have one that is exactly 6.0 lbs.
                          Originally Posted by IanBallard
                          Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

If it weren't a Parker, I could see modding that guitar for the express purpose of making it lighter. But then all their fancy engineering would go to waste...
                            You will never understand How it feels to live your life With no meaning or control And with nowhere left to go You are amazed that they exist And they burn so bright
                            Whilst you can only wonder why

Comment

Originally posted by Chistopher View Post

If it weren't a Parker, I could see modding that guitar for the express purpose of making it lighter. But then all their fancy engineering would go to waste...
                              I have very few guitars that are bone stock this is one of them. It is not all about preserving the guitar, Parkers play and sound great out of the box.

Comment

and its 4.5 lbs, thats plenty light! also, tell your bass player to pay more attention and he wont get lost

Comment

Working...
                                X