banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Modified Ovation Celebrity....................

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by solspirit View Post

Hmmm. Big stretch for my AA but what would happen if I put a block under the bridge contoured to the back and used ferrules?
    I don't know if I'm getting you right, you mean a block under the bridge on the inner side of the front board? I don't know if braces would get in the way, possibly. It would definitely affect the tone, but to what extent I can't say.
    You'd also add a bit of string tension/length.
    The biggest difference between Chet Atkins and Dimebag? Probably the beard...

Comment

Hmmm. Big stretch for my AA but what would happen if I put a block under the bridge contoured to the back and used ferrules?
      I think that it would be more trouble than it's worth.

Sent from my SM-A115A using Tapatalk

Comment

Probably have huge sustain and could be good results. That would be a serious modification. If you decide to do that modification, please keep us posted on the results.
        Last edited by Jeffblue; 10-02-2022, 07:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Demanic View Post
          I think that it would be more trouble than it's worth.

I agree. A whole lot of work involved for that idea.

Comment

I've seen someone shoot a patch of plastidip on the back of an Ovation to help stop the sliding
            My Bands -
            https://kamikazechoir.hearnow.com/
            www.instagram.com/kamikazechoir
            www.reverbnation.com/theheartlessdevils

Just some fun guitar stuff from time to time
            GUITAR KULTURE

Comment

How about a few strips of hockey tape.

Comment

The newer contour bowls don't have the 'sliding' issue at all. But my Adamas was bought before that was a thing. Mine doesn't slide, but it is slightly neck-heavy.
                Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
                  The newer contour bowls don't have the 'sliding' issue at all. But my Adamas was bought before that was a thing. Mine doesn't slide, but it is slightly neck-heavy.
                  I put Schaller strap locks on my Celebrity using machine screws, lock washers and nuts. maybe if you tried the same thing with your Adamas. Maybe create a little weight made of brass or aluminum as a counter-balance and bore threads for the strap lock screw. Could be a fix for the guitar being neck heavy.

Comment

Originally posted by DCikes88 View Post

I don't know if I'm getting you right, you mean a block under the bridge on the inner side of the front board? I don't know if braces would get in the way, possibly. It would definitely affect the tone, but to what extent I can't say.
                    You'd also add a bit of string tension/length.
                    That's exactly what I mean, it shouldn't have to be longer than 10" notching for bracing would be no problem but that brings up the most likely probability that the block would need to be braced.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffblue View Post

I put Schaller strap locks on my Celebrity using machine screws, lock washers and nuts. maybe if you tried the same thing with your Adamas. Maybe create a little weight made of brass or aluminum as a counter-balance and bore threads for the strap lock screw. Could be a fix for the guitar being neck heavy.
                      I went old school...a 1 lb velcro wrist weight around the strap!

Comment

I went old school...a 1 lb velcro wrist weight around the strap!
                        Cool. Sounds kind of bulky. I hate neck dive too. I have a GFS body Paulownia tele partscaster that is neck heavy. I'll certainly have to address that.

Comment

That's exactly what I mean, it shouldn't have to be longer than 10" notching for bracing would be no problem but that brings up the most likely probability that the block would need to be braced.
                          Pretty extensive modification. I imagine that the change in tone and sustain would be profound. Not to mention the weight would increase quite a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffblue View Post

Cool. Sounds kind of bulky. I hate neck dive too. I have a GFS body Paulownia tele partscaster that is neck heavy. I'll certainly have to address that.
                            I don't even notice it as extra weight on my shoulder since it sits on the strap where it connects to the body. It lies pretty flat on the strap, too, and fits in the case just fine.

Comment

I don't even notice it as extra weight on my shoulder since it sits on the strap where it connects to the body. It lies pretty flat on the strap, too, and fits in the case just fine.
                              Sounds perfect. I'm glad that worked.

Comment

Working...
                              X