Wackor
    Ørdøg
    NecroPolo
    Diabolus in Musica
    SIDrip Alliance
    Book of Shadows
    RKH

Comment

I gotta say 6L6's.... they're working great for me!!
      '01 Gibson Les Paul Standard (stock BB V's)
      Squier Fat Strat (stock/duckbucker/stock)
      '66 Fender Bassman
      Fender Champion 600
      Fender Stage 100

Comment

I'm a big fan of the EL34 sound, but I like 6L6's too. One day I want to have a marshall converted to take 6L6's and see how it sounds.
        Fender Classic 60's Strat
        Epi Les Paul - PG/SH-4
        DSL50 w/Avatar 2x12 (V30/G12H30)
        Vox V848 wah
        Line 6 MM-4
        Ibanez TS-9 Tubescreamer

Comment

Depends on the amp and what kind of sound you're after, but my #1 favorite tubes are probably Tung Sol 5881s, which are getting very hard to find and are very expensive.

Comment

I like the sweet midrange and breakup of EL34's, but 6L6 do have great punch, headroom, and low end. But still, EL34's are my favs at the end of the day...
            EBMM H-S-H Silhouette

Gibson Les Paul Studio

Fender MIM Stratocaster

Bogner Goldfinger 45 1x12 Combo

Comment

Nothin' sounds better than overdriven EL34's in a cranked tube amp!!

Comment

Favorite tubes

My favorite power tube is a NOS Mullard EL-34, but since they're extremely rare and far too expensive I use EH EL-34s which are so close it's almost impossible to hear a difference
                Originally posted by crusty philtrum
                And that's probably because most people with electric guitars seem more interested in their own performance rather than the effect on the listener ... in fact i don't think many people who own electric guitars even give a poop about the effect on a listener. Which is why many people play electric guitars but very very few of them are actually musicians.

Comment

Originally posted by Gearjoneser
                  An amp with each type, ideally.
                  Yep, I agree... That's why I have my VHT 2502 power amp loaded with NOS Mullard xf3 EL34's in channel A, and NOS RCA6L6's in channel B. The best of both worlds!
                  (2) Randall RM4 preamps, VHT 2502 Power amp, 2 2x12 Bogner cabs w/V30's and Lead 80's, '74 Gibson Les Paul Goldtop, '89 Gibson Les Paul Cherryburst, '93 Stratocaster, and a bunch of other stuff.

Comment

Working...
                  X