Schecter Omen Elite 6 FR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Schecter Omen Elite 6 FR

Bought a Schecter Omen Elite 6 FR recently and wow! These are a midline guitar typically listed at $549, but I got a blem return for $440 (and still have yet to find the blemish, it's beautiful). Goodness gracious.....what an axe! It's stunning what technology like CNC machines and exotic wood availability of today's supply chains brings us, namely guitars that would have been high end customs for thousands 10 or 12 years ago....for $500ish today. I'm really picky, really cranky, and pretty darn unreasonable, so for me to say this is an amazing axe in all respects is saying something. Schecter understands how to make a guitar neck. I was at home on this relatively wide flat neck immediately, it's just perfect. This guitar feels so good ergonomically, the neck is fast and smooth (less drag with satin necks than varnished necks). Sound? Amazing! I have a lot of guitars and alot of amps, and this guitar just stepped to the front of the line on tones. Big, full, warm, classy clean tones and killer high gain tones that are quite unique. It sounds awesome and is so fun to play. You can tell these Schecter pickups are unique, they will not be mistaken for Duncan's or Dimarzios, they are their own thing, and sound really cool. Very high gain pickups with incredible sustain and a very unique sound. You have never heard such big, warm clean tones from a guitar before like this. Coil splitting on both humbuckers as selector positions (5 positions for two humbuckers, two being the individual single coil splits, and all positions are gorgeous and tasteful), that is so unique! It's just mind blowing to get what would have been a $2000 guitar 10 or 12 years ago for $500ish today....no joke. There are so few guitars I hop on and feel at home immediately, and feel the engineers nailed it, but this is one of them. It feels like a perfectly broken in pair of gloves, it's just perfect in feel, dynamics, and tones. A guitar like this WILL make you a better player. At the $440 I paid for this "blem", I feel like I stole it. Are the cops after me??????? Seriously, Schecters are stunning buys for what you get, essentially a custom level guitar in tones, looks, and materials. Well done Schecter! And based here in the San Fernando Valley too!
    Last edited by Chris6542; 10-19-2022, 05:21 PM.

Thanks for the review! It always feels great to feel like you are on the good end of a deal.
    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Is it the one with tinted see-thru bobbins and snazzy wavy tops?
      Those look sweet.
      The biggest difference between Chet Atkins and Dimebag? Probably the beard...

Comment

Schecters have become one of my favorite axe's. Great guitars. Nice score.

Comment

I love Schecter, and Omen Elites are super good value. I have an Omen Extreme from 2017 that cost me around $400 new (before tax) and it is a shockingly well-made guitar for the price. Great neck and contours, holds tune super well.

EDIT: For my next guitar purchase, I've got my eye on a Schecter Omen Extreme which will gain a set of Black Winters I currently have lying around.
          Last edited by weepingminotaur; 10-20-2022, 11:16 AM.

Comment

Ever since I bought my Schecter C1 about 15 years ago I've been amazed at their quality in every respect.

Thanks for that review. I'm glad to hear that they haven't let their quality slip over the past few years. Great guitars.
            Originally Posted by IanBallard
            Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

Working...
            X