banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bigsby or Bigsby Clone us a Virbramare Adaptor on SG body?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd own a Bigsby if not for a couple things that drive me nuts:
    - string changes are kinda a PITA. The string always slips off that little pin for me.
    - The arm always seems to be in the way when I'm playing with my volume controls for the neck pickup, or when I want to flick the switch

Other than that, they can be set up to hold tune well and function pretty decently.
    Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
    This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarStv View Post
      I'd own a Bigsby if not for a couple things that drive me nuts:
      - string changes are kinda a PITA. The string always slips off that little pin for me.
      - The arm always seems to be in the way when I'm playing with my volume controls for the neck pickup, or when I want to flick the switch

Other than that, they can be set up to hold tune well and function pretty decently.
      The strings are a pain in the ass to change. I have a little wedge I made out of wood with polishing cloth on the underside, so it doesn't scratch the guitar. I put the string on the post then slide the wedge under the post to hold the string ball in place. Doing this I can change strings on my Bigsby as quickly as I change them on any other guitar.

Comment

Also Bigsbys are pretty trash to rest your hands on.
        You will never understand How it feels to live your life With no meaning or control And with nowhere left to go You are amazed that they exist And they burn so bright
        Whilst you can only wonder why

Comment

Originally posted by Chistopher View Post
          Also Bigsbys are pretty trash to rest your hands on.
          What, you mean the bar? I'd figure your palm would only rest ever touch the TOM, just like any other gibson style guitar.
          Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
          This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarStv View Post

What, you mean the bar? I'd figure your palm would only rest ever touch the TOM, just like any other gibson style guitar.
            I'm not sure what that means either. The only time I touch the bar on my SGs or 335 is when I'm using it, otherwise they're just like playing any other TOM guitar.
            Originally posted by crusty philtrum
            And that's probably because most people with electric guitars seem more interested in their own performance rather than the effect on the listener ... in fact i don't think many people who own electric guitars even give a poop about the effect on a listener. Which is why many people play electric guitars but very very few of them are actually musicians.

Comment

Hmm... It has just occurred to me that I may be the only one who rests their hands there.

Where do you guys rest your picking hand when it's not doing anything? Like in your pocket or something?
              You will never understand How it feels to live your life With no meaning or control And with nowhere left to go You are amazed that they exist And they burn so bright
              Whilst you can only wonder why

Comment

i usually just flip off the audience when im not using my picking hand, they seem to get a kick out of it

Comment

Working...
                X