Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Guitars Days

And it's all Artie's Fault.....lol

I rarely do a new guitar day thread. I don't even remember the last time that I did one, and I've bought plenty of guitars and basses in the past few years that I've never shared.

Anyways, Artie had some Seth Lovers for sale recently that I bought. All of my Les Pauls are loaded with Duncans, and they sound great the way they all are, so I couldn't change those guitars. Even though Edward Van Halen had put a PAF originally in his guitar, something about me putting a set of Seth Lovers in one of my Charvels just didn't feel or seem right. So, what was the only other logical thing to do? Get another Les Paul....lol.

I looked around here and there at Gibson Les Pauls, and even used they are outrageous price wise, and I've already got a Les Paul Premium Plus and a Custom Shop Les Paul. Plus, nothing that I saw really even appealed to me. I also really haven't been a fan of any Gibson Les Pauls in about 20 years. All of the Les Pauls that I've loved and owned are and were from the mid 90s. By chance I was on Facebook Marketplace one day, and some local guy was selling a Tokai Love Rock that was beat all to hell. That got my interest piqued. I'd read a ton of great reviews over the years about Tokai Love Rocks. So I started looking at them, and I found a great deal on one on Ebay. I got screwed over on that deal by the seller because I bought it cheaper than I think they thought it was going to sell for. They cancelled my order after two weeks, and said all of a sudden that the guitar wasn't available. So that took me to reverb, and I found one like the one on Ebay. I'd never bought anything directly from Japan. I was a little leary, but I said the hell with it. I made them an offer on it, and they accepted it. Meanwhile, a few days later I keep looking at the Tokai Love Rocks on Reverb. There's another one that I really liked as well. I said the hell with it and threw an offer at them. They came back with an offer that was like $50 less than what my offer was....lol. So I bought that one too....lol.

It kind of blew me away that the guitars came from Japan and were in The United States within 2-3 days. The only thing that sucked was that they got held up in Customs for about 7-10 days. I thought that I was going to get charged a bunch of taxes or Customs fees, but that never happened. I was pretty surprised, and I'm not complaining.

So here they are. Tokai LS-154Q guitars in Dark Cherry and Oak. I'm used to more of a 60s slim taper neck, but these are a little bigger. They're right in between a 59 neck and a 60s slim taper neck. They play great, and are solid as hell. Nothing against Epiphone Les Pauls, because I own three of them, but they just kind of feel like a toy compared to a Gibson Les Paul and the Tokai Love Rocks. These guitars are solid like the real deal. They stay in tune. They look good. They play good. They sound good, even though I'm not a fan of the pickups sound, but they sound great unplugged. I knew I was going to swap the pickups anyways, which of course I haven't gotten to yet. I just got both of these guitars on different days in the past week or so.

So, I present to you..........

Click image for larger version

Name:	Tokai LS-154Q Dark Cherry Outside 04.jpg
Views:	249
Size:	249.3 KB
ID:	6204017

Name:	Tokai LS-154Q Dark Cherry Outside 03.jpg
Views:	229
Size:	192.8 KB
ID:	6204018 Click image for larger version

Name:	Tokai LS-154Q Dark Cherry Outside 07.jpg
Views:	218
Size:	161.4 KB
ID:	6204019

Name:	Tokai LS-154Q Oak Outside 04.jpg
Views:	226
Size:	239.8 KB
ID:	6204020 Click image for larger version

Name:	Tokai LS-154Q Oak Outside 07.jpg
Views:	230
Size:	170.8 KB
ID:	6204021 Click image for larger version

Name:	Tokai LS-154Q Oak Outside 02.jpg
Views:	227
Size:	210.6 KB
ID:	6204022 Click image for larger version

Name:	Tokai LS-154Q Both Outside 03.jpg
Views:	228
Size:	181.1 KB
ID:	6204023 Click image for larger version

Name:	Tokai LS-154Q Both Outside 04.jpg
Views:	230
Size:	257.1 KB
ID:	6204024 Click image for larger version

Name:	Tokai LS-154Q Both Outside 05.jpg
Views:	227
Size:	150.9 KB
ID:	6204025

Comment

They are just outstanding Jolly.

I'd also rate the (few) Tokais I've played highly... above Gibson in fact.

Comment

These pics were from the music store.

Name:	Tokai LS-154Q Dark Cherry Reverb 04.jpg
Views:	224
Size:	94.6 KB
ID:	6204032 Click image for larger version

Name:	Tokai LS-154Q Dark Cherry Reverb 11.jpg
Views:	223
Size:	77.0 KB
ID:	6204033 Click image for larger version

Name:	Tokai LS-154Q Dark Cherry Reverb 10.jpg
Views:	221
Size:	109.3 KB
ID:	6204034

Name:	Tokai LS-154Q Oak Reverb 02.jpg
Views:	225
Size:	87.9 KB
ID:	6204029 Click image for larger version

Name:	Tokai LS-154Q Oak Reverb 01.jpg
Views:	213
Size:	88.6 KB
ID:	6204030

Name:	Tokai LS-154Q Oak Reverb 04.jpg
Views:	222
Size:	49.9 KB
ID:	6204031

Comment

Originally posted by playas View Post
          They are just outstanding Jolly.

I'd also rate the (few) Tokais I've played highly... above Gibson in fact.
          Thank you. They're damn sure up there in quality.

Comment

Those are damn pretty. Nice score John.

Comment

Nice! Enjoy!
              Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

thats awesome! great tops on both of em. both about average weight?

Comment

Originally posted by JOLLY View Post

Name:	Tokai LS-154Q Dark Cherry Outside 04.jpg
Views:	249
Size:	249.3 KB
ID:	6204017
                  Damn, that's a sexy guitar!
                  Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
                  This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

Originally posted by jeremy View Post
                    thats awesome! great tops on both of em. both about average weight?
                    Thanks!!

They're up there. 9.2 lbs for the Dark Cherry, and 9.6 lbs for the Oak.....lol. They're at least 1 to 1.5 lbs heavier than any of my Gibson Les Pauls.

Comment

Holy Toledo those are nice. What years are they?

Comment

Nice JJ, so now you gotta get another set of pick ups!? I’m going to try this tactic…. Honey, I’ve just won a set of pick ups so I need a new guitar… or 2! Lol

Comment

Originally posted by beaubrummels View Post
                          Holy Toledo those are nice. What years are they?

Comment

Originally posted by d1dsj View Post
                            Nice JJ, so now you gotta get another set of pick ups!? I’m going to try this tactic…. Honey, I’ve just won a set of pick ups so I need a new guitar… or 2! Lol
                            Lol.... Actually, I need to buy about 10 more guitars considering all of the pickups I have laying around.

Comment

That Dark Cherry is ridiculous

Super nice score

Omedetō
                              My Bands -
                              https://kamikazechoir.hearnow.com/
                              www.instagram.com/kamikazechoir
                              www.reverbnation.com/theheartlessdevils

Just some fun guitar stuff from time to time
                              GUITAR KULTURE

Comment

Working...